After about 15 minutes, the roon program suddenly closes

After about 15 minutes, the roon program suddenly closes.

Hello @hyungin_moon, I’ve moved your post to its own support topic…

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Core Machine
Windows 10 ver 1909 64bit
Roon 1.7 571.

Network Details
Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I applied for a new automatic payment on June 21 and it was approved after the automatic payment date of June 16.

If you play music after the 16th, the Roon program will suddenly close after 15 minutes. Reinstalling the OS and reinstalling the roon program will not resolve the issue.

Core Machine
Windows 10 ver 1909 64bit
Roon 1.7 571.

Network Details
Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Ethernet.

Audio Devices (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Description Of Issue
I applied for a new automatic payment on June 21 and it was approved after the automatic payment date of June 16.
If you play music after the 16th, the Roon program will suddenly close after 15 minutes. Reinstalling the OS and reinstalling the roon program will not resolve the issue.Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Hi @hyungin_moon.
We’ll flag @accounts just in case this is payment related.

1 Like

I’ve moved your 3 posts to this thread. Let’s deal with the issue here.

@nuwriy will be along to help.

Cheers, Greg

3 Likes

The Yearly Subscription date was June 16th, but the card was reissued so the Yearly Subscription was not made. I started the Yearly Subscription on June 21st and approved it. However, after 15 minutes of sleep after playing music, the run program suddenly ends, so you can’t listen to music. If you need to run the roon again, it will shut down after another 15 minutes. Reinstalling the OS and reinstalling the roon program will not resolve the issue.
Please solve the problem.

Hi @hyungin_moon,

Thanks for reaching out and for your patience while we got a chance to respond. I’ve gone ahead and replied to the email you’ve sent us. Would you mind if we continued our conversation on that email thread?

Best,
Rebeka

1 Like

Hello @hyungin_moon, thanks for your report!

Hey, I wanted to clarify this part, so is Roon sitting there not playing anything for 15 minutes, then shuts down? Is the core going to sleep as well at this point or is everything still up and running?

I tested it at work and it works fine. I’ll test it again when I get home. It could be a network problem. Let’s reset the wired and wireless ^shared machine.

Thank you.

Hey @hyungin_moon, thanks for checking that, let me know how it goes!

If you take core pc to work, install new os, and install a new roon program, they work well.
I brought it home and tried it, and the program will close in another 15 minutes.
I don’t know the cause.
What should I do?

Hello @hyungin_moon, sounds like we have a networking issue! Can you tell me about your networking setup at home? Model of router, any switches, etc.? Is there a change if you disable your firewall/antivirus/VPN? Let me know!

The cause has been found.
It was a problem with the wireless shared machine of the ISP that supports the Internet.
Replace the wireless shared machine with another product to eliminate the problem of closing the program and operate normally.
Thank you for your interest and advice.
It could be an example of a solution when a similar problem occurs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @hyungin_moon, that’s awesome news! Please let me know if you need help again.