Windows 10, AMD, 16GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Rpi running Ropiee

Number of Tracks in Library

Don’t remember but it was less than 10,000

Description of Issue

After upgrading to 2.0.1223, everything in my library disappeared. Clicking on Albums, Artists, or Tracks yields this:

Storage locations exist via File Explorer.

If I try to restore a backup no backups can be found in either locations where they are normally stored.

Help!

Jeff

Please share a screenshot of your storage settings, i.e., press the Blue button.

Where are your media files located? I note that Music folder in disabled, and other sources are all on the attached drive, E:. I don’t use Windows, but I’d check that the assigned drive letter is correct, and that Roon is granted access to that drive.

Assigned drive letter is correct - an internal hard drive in my computer. Opening file explorer let’s me browse the drive without issue - I can even play files directly off it via another media player. How can I make sure Roon is granted access to that drive? It shows up in Roon>Storage as watching files in real time. Isn’t that “access”?

Qobuz works fine via Roon though Qobuz albums, artists, tracks do not show up in my library. i need to go to the Qobuz section under browse to see them. So Library is malfunctioning in Roon and not displaying my files NOR Qobuz library.

Hi as a troubleshooting step, have you tried rebooting the Roon Core?

Yes, a coupla times.

Removing a storage location (for example, E:\Storage\Folk from the above screenshot) and then re-adding it has no effect. It does give the spinning wheel while it “scans” but then nothing shows up.

Thanks for confirming, it’s always worth a go.

If you click the spinning wheel a screen should pop up, can you take a screenshot of that and post it.

It may offer some clues as to what’s going on here.

It starts with something like 1768 tracks but never adds or identifies anything.

Interestingly, if I copy an album from E:\Storage to the root C: drive of my machine and then +Add that C:\ folder location to my Storage it shows up.

E:\Storage is formatted as a NTFS disk. As is my main root C:\ drive.

OK further weird stuff going on.

I deleted/removed the Folk storage folder and then exited Roon. Rebooting Roon gave the message the new version you are installing requires a database update.

Once it was up again, same storage location offline message.

I re-added the Folk folder to storage. The spinning wheel gave the same 0 files added, 0 files identified message. But the Storage location now showed 1849 tracks imported.

Going into Album view shows all those folk albums.

So…I’m not sure what the problem is. But it seems deleting my current Storage locations, exiting Room and then restarting may solve the issue. I’ll report back.

So unfortunately a reboot wiped out the Folk storage. I’ll try to add locations and then perform a backup.

Even after importing stuff I still don’t get my Qobuz library integrated in the view. Is there some setting to display both local files and streaming service? I am reluctant to make a backup until I can see what I used to see yesterday.

After every re-start of Roon this is what I get:

And once Roon fully loads it winds up that the library contains 0 tracks, 0 albums.

Seems like this is clearly an update issue - as if the update is not being correctly applied or the dB is not updating appropriately. Shutting down Roon leads me back to this screen after a restart.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

A post was split to a new topic: Music library on macOS disappeared

Any advice on this issue?

Unbelievably no reply from tech support for more than a day. I’ll be seroiusly reconsidering my subscription come May.

But from the separated thread this is exactly what happens for me:

Nothing has changed except the Roon update.

Log shows the drive with my library on is “Offline” because “Drive Not Ready”

If I DISABLE the storage location (not remove it), exit my Roon Core, restart Roon Core and then go and ENABLE that storage location again, Roon instantly picks up all of the missing files. They’ll play fine too. However, if I exit the Roon Core and restart it again - it loses everything again.

Everything else can access the drive fine, as can Roon (temporarily) if I do the above.

Are you using Early Release?

I agree that it would be good to have an acknowledgement on this. Previous experience tends to suggest that they are busy analysing, reproducing and fixing the problem. Buy, yes, it would be good to hear that.

I know it’s “crumbs from the table”, but at least a temporary workaround has been found. Hopefully a full solution will be rolled out shortly.

1 Like