Album art very slow

Just a thought, but have you tested playing sessions and changing tracks using your iPad as the endpoint, in place of your Devialet?

I have not tried this . I will do so, but it wont be conclusive as the playback delay does not happen all of the time
Anyway I cant play music at all right now as my Core has updated and the app has not…so I have no music.

Odd - they should update in lock-step (and there hasn’t been an update the the Stable Roon Cores and clients for a while now…). Have you tried going to the Apple Store and downloading the Roon client again?

Yes but it just downloads 1.7 version of the app

And that should be build 710 of version 1.7 - which was released for all platforms on the 15th December.

I am in now Geoff, Mike helped me on another post. Thanks again

Hi @Womaz ,

Thanks again for sending the logs over. I took a look through them and I am noticing Network Errors in all of your log files, there appears to be issues even authenticating your Roon account with our servers, which is not a good sign. Have you by any chance tried to use another router in your setup? ISP routers have been known to be unreliable as per our Networking Best Practices Guide:

Poor quality or underpowered routers can play a major role when it comes to networking difficulties. 802.11n was superseded by 802.11ac five years ago, so at this point, 802.11n routers should be considered obsolete. Furthermore, the performance difference between early 802.11ac routers and current models can be substantial due to differences in CPU/RAM allotments. ISP-provided routers are often underpowered and poorly behaved. Finally, we strongly recommend against using Apple network devices such as the Apple Airport Extreme and Airport Express (note: it’s fine to use the Airport Express as an Airplay device). To ensure the best performance, we recommend against using these devices.

Hi Noris
I am now using a brand new BT HUB 2 router in my new home.
All of the wifi extenders are now removed. I have added a Netgear GS308 network switch.

If the problem persists I will message you if this is OK? As i now have a fully wired network.

1 Like