Albums appearing in library although folder and files do not exist [Solved]

@noris just to update you: Unfortunately it seems that the problem persists. I discovered at least one additional alub with the same issue and also the four albums I listed in my previous message still do have some tracks that are non-existent in my folder and cannot delete them, becaure ROon gives me the error that the file does not exist.

Hi @Vassilis_Papaeconomo ----- Thank you again for your continued feedback and more importantly, thank you for your patience here. Both have been very appreciated!

I wanted to follow up with you because I just checked in on the status of your ticket and the our tech team has asked if you would kindly please provide a brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide. The team wants to have a better sense as what gear you are working with.

Many thanks!
-Eric

@eric thank you for getting back to me. Here below some more details about my setup:

• Currently running Roon Version 1.5 (build 32), 64bit
  • Roon is running on QNAP TS251PLUS NAS with 8GB RAM
  • I control Roon from my PC, iPhone and iPad
  • Music folder is on a shared drive on another NAS (QNAP TS-459).
  • There are two main subfolders in this music folder in which the music is stored
  • In one subfolder is the music as exported from Sooloos
  • The other subfolder has the structure <Artist name - Album name> ->
  • Local network is through a Cisco switch
  • Network is wired
  • Media format is mostly FLAC and some MP3

Hope this is the information you needed. Let me know if you need any further details.

Thanks!

Vassilis

• Approximate number of tracks (according to Roon) is 70.000

@eric another hint that may help: I have the impression that issues with tracks relate for some reason with my Sooloos export folder (one of the two subfolder mentioned in the previous post). Just tried to delete another album from this subfolder, and I got the same problem (tracks in Roon that apparently do not exist in the folder).

@eric some additional observation that this will help to troubleshoot: I have discovered that roon get confused when I try to edit multiple tracks. When I edit or delete them one by one there is no problem. But when I try to delete multiple tracks (eg when deleting an album) the system gets really confused: some are deleted and the other become non-accessible. In these one I cannot view the file info.

After restarting the Roon server everything works again and I can delete the tracks one by one that I could not bulk delete previously.

Hope that give some indication of what could be wrong.

Hello again @Vassilis_Papaeconomo,

Thanks for your patience here while our team reviews your logs. Our team noticed that the QNAP TS251PLUS NAS youā€™re using for your Roon Core falls short of our recommended specs.

Because this device uses an IntelĀ® CeleronĀ® 2.41GHz you may experience performance issues, particularly with larger libraries or DSP, or if you donā€™t use an SSD for your Roon database.
Can I kindly ask you to verify how your system performs when the Roon Core is hosted on another computer that meets our required processing power and we can continue from there?

Thanks,
Noris

@noris thanks for getting back to me. I have equiped my NAS with SSD drives and the CPU usually works at 10% and maximum 50% if other applications are running.

Nonehteless I have switched now to a ROCK I have setup up before I migrated to the QNAP NAS. I will watch it closely and let you know if I experience any similar issues. From a first glance though I can tell you that I do not see any similar issues as before. I will need about a week to be sure.

This is very strange and my best guess (if everything gets back to normal again) that the issue has something to do with the QNAP app, I cannot see any performance contraints on the QNAP.

Thanks so much for your continued support. I hope this will help other users, as I have seen some of them are actually using the same NAS (read some posts before purchasing it).

Vassilis

Hello @Vassilis_Papaeconomo,

Have you been able to verify what your experience is like with the ROCK setup? Is everything working properly now? Please let me know when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

@noris, everything is working as expected since I switched to ROCK. I have found though something that was possibly causing the issue: The music folders are stored on a shared folder on a QNAP NAS. I realized that when Roon was deleting tracks they were moved to the Network Recycle Bin on the this folder. I discovered that Roon was scanning for some reason the Recycle Bin as well, so when tracks were deleted, they were later on again imported automatically into Roon and it seems that this was causing a lot of confusion.

Been testing ROCK with the Recycle Bin disabled now and everything is working fine. Need to do a final test and switch back to the QNAP instance of Roon with the Recyle Bin disabled and see what behaviour I am getting there. It could be just that or a combination of things. I will get back to you in a few days and will let you know what the outcome is. I think it would be helpful for other users in the community.

Vassilis

@noris an update: I switched to Roon on QNAP and tested extensively. Everything seemed to be working fine until I had to delete a complete album and then I saw the same issue I reported before. I immediately took a back and switched to ROCK and I could delete the same album without any problem.

It seems that Roon on QNAP has some issue when deleting more than one tracks at a time. I wil will keep ROCK for now to be on the safe side. Hope this will help other community members.

Thanks so much for your support!

Hello @Vassilis_Papaeconomo,

Thanks for your reply and testing, Iā€™m glad that you have been able to get this issue sorted out by using ROCK instead of the QNAP. As I previously mentioned, this could be a performance issue regarding the NAS since it is under our minimum required specs. Although it may work just fine if the library has a small amount of tracks or if you are performing simple functions, the performance issues can become more visible as the library grows into a larger size or you attempt to perform multiple operations on several files at a time (such as deleting entire albums). I am marking this thread as [Solved] and hope that your ROCK setup is still running properly but if you run into any issues, please feel free to start a new thread and let us know.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.