Albums are EXTREMELY slow to load

Hi Dmitry,
What model did you chose as a replacement for the TP-LINK?
Any advice on a good (smart?) switch would be welcome.

I had issues with the TPLINK SG108e - which is the managed switch. The SG108 is an unmanaged (dumb) switch. Dumb switches should be OK, managed switches can cause issues.

NETGEAR GS108. Also recommended by Meridian PP, which has been using it for many years.

I did some tests and the results are inconclusive.
As explained above, I disconnected everything from the router, except the QNAP NAS and my DELL laptop.
My first impression was that it worked better: I tried a couple of times and I could open the problematic albums (like the Mozartā€™s one that contains 21 discs).
Then I tried with the laptop connected via Wifi: same problems as before. So I thought that the problem was due to the wifi connection, and I retried with the ethernet cableā€¦ and I could not open the Mozartā€™s album.
I made some more tests and finally my conclusion is: via ethernet, it is ok about three or four times out of five; via Wifi, only one or two times (not sure that this difference is statistically significantā€¦).
So, the switch doesnā€™t seem to be the issue.
The quality of the connection might be questioned. Iā€™m intrigued by the ā€œLost connectionā€ message which appears sometimes very briefly, and which is immediatly followed by the ā€œError loading saved pageā€ message. But I donā€™t understand why these connection losses occur.
I hope that the increase in RAM memory will result in a better outcome. But if I can conceive that a lack of RAM memory could be the cause of loading problems for multi-disc albums, I am a little more doubtful concerning the connection lossesā€¦

For me, this seems to have been fixed - (coincidentally ?) by the release of build 204.
All sluggishness / hanging has now gone & Roonā€™s whipcrack fast !

Still have problems with Artist & Album Art, but I think Iā€™ve found something related to that tooā€¦

Eric, I am unfortunately heading out of town to deal with a family medical emergency, not sure when Iā€™ll be back, didnā€™t want you think I was ignoring you, will be in touch as soon as itā€™s feasible. Many thanks again.

Michael

Hey all ā€“ we are talking with @Thierry_Meulemans via private message and @Michael_Steinberg, it would be great if you could reach out to us when things have settled down for you.

For now, Iā€™m going to close this thread, since weā€™re tracking these issues elsewhere. Thanks everyone!