Albums from Qobuz not in my library anymore :-/

Hi @pl_svn,

When you unfavorite albums in Qobuz, where are you doing this? The app, web player, or download store?

right from the page shown above, so… that’s the store, right?
(if I do it from Qobuz app… you’re right: album’s removed from library too)

Thanks for confirming, @pl_svn.

Currently there is an issue with the syncing process when changes are made from the Qobuz website (not the web player). Qobuz has let us know that they’re working on this. Once this is resolved, changes made here should work just the same as the web player and app (i.e. favorites will sync with the Roon library).

ask Qobuz to… don’t fix it, please, PLEASE, PLEASE! :disappointed_relieved:

so… thinking about it… the “Add To Library” button really makes no sense at all as, the way Roon treats favourites, marking something as favourite already means adding it to the library :no_mouth:

:roll_eyes:

It’s because Roon allows you to browse two different music collections: your Library (which can consist of local albums plus Qobuz albums that have been favourited), and the Qobuz collection. The latter consists of some albums that you have favourited, plus the rest of the Qobuz universe of albums.

You will only see the “Add to Library” button when using Roon to browse the Qobuz universe.

True, you will see that message even when you browse through favourited albums that have already been added to the Library, and that’s kinda confusing, but clicking the button has no effect on these albums, because they’re already in your Library. A perfect design would probably change this button to an “Added to Library” message…

hhhhmmmm… no: a perfect design, consistent with the way Roon treats favourites, should change it to “Remove from Favourites” (in Qobuz section)

think I’ll go back to using just my Lumin, not Roon, for Qobuz, as I was doing till a few months ago: the simplistic approach to favourites Roon has chosen (tailored on Tidal without considering some Qobuz specific “features”) doesn’t work for me and I have totally lost control of what matters the most: MY library! :rage:

3 posts were split to a new topic: Qobuz favorites not in library

even more confusing is… you can’t mark as favourite (nor remove from favourites), within Roon, a Qobuz album :no_mouth:

to remove an album from favourites you have to add it to your library, first, then delete it from there
to add an album to your favourites… you have to use a third party app (or the web)

btw… you can’t even, within Roon, manage (add to/remove from) Qobuz playlists
oh, and… you don’t even have access, in Roon, to Qobuz’ editorials/commentaries on albums
(see why I said Qobuz integration was simply ported over from the way it was ok with Tidal, without considering Qobuz secifics :wink: )

great “deep”, not “me-too” integration indeed! :roll_eyes:

a well know Roon “competitor” does all of the above :wink: pity its UI :roll_eyes:

I think you have a complete misunderstanding of how Roon works with streaming services. I add and remove material all the time from both Tidal and Qobuz via Roon. I have never had to once go in the web apps. Add to library is the same as making an Album a favourite in Qobuz or Tidal, deleiting from your library in Roon is the same as unfavouriting it in Qobuz,

right, what I said: if you start from your Qobuz favourites (Qobuz was there years before Roon and so my favourites and the way I’m using them!) you must first add it to your library then (eventually) remove it from there

plus all I said about editorial content and playlists management
definitely a mere porting of what was ok with Tidal

No sorry thats just not the case at all. You don’t need to add anything from an existing Qobuz library it syncs across when you add the account. You can remove them from Qobuz and they go from Roon or Remove them from Roon they go from Qobuz. Works for me. No idea what your doing but not had any issues here.

Playlists in Roon are local playlists as they can contain local files as well as streaming, this could be Tidal or Qobuz. So these can’t sync back as they would contain material not necessarily on Qobuz. Other apps don’t have mixed playlists that sync back they are specific for the platform. I agree this would be nice but it goes against the whole integrated library approach.

again: nope!
if, as I do, you were using Qobuz before Roon integration… your existing favourites do show in Roon library but only way to remove them from there is adding them, first, then deleting from Roon. Confusing, right? But this is exactly how it is!

I was talking about Qobuz, not Roon, playlist! you can’t manage Qobuz playlists within Roon! (but you can in, eg, Audirvana)
if you add something from Qobuz to a Roon playlist… the day you remove from your library the album they come from they also go from every Roon playlist whilst even if you unfavourite an album in Qobuz, tracks you eventually added to a Qobuz playlists stay

This is exactly my experience. Cannot fathom it.

roon/Qobuz synchronization is not working as some believe.

1. Paolo’s case above.
  2. Several are reporting a physical limit of 530 albums that can be synchronized on both the roon Qobuz “favorites” page and the Qobuz “focus” page.
  3. Worse, IMHO, is if you do add a Qobuz favorite to your roon library then depending on where you navigate from roon will show you either 1) your edited roon library version or your 2) unedited roon version.

This last point 3) is particularly annoying for those with Classical libraries. Roon’s metadata is often so poor with it’s Classical feed from Qobuz that there are two options. Stay within the Qobuz apps where metadata is fine or heavily edit in roon so that the “added” album is usable. It is very annoying that roon for example will show you the unusable unedited version when navigating from the Qobuz favorites page but the usable edited version when navigating from other pages.

1. search always brings up Qobuz’ version (the one with “Add To Library” button) even if album already is in you library/favourites.

Nope - this is not “a limit on the number of albums that can be synchronised” - this is a limit on the number of Qobuz albums that can be displayed in the My Qobuz/Qobuz Favorite Albums section of Roon. All Qobuz favorited albums are being synchronised with the Roon library.

It’s a bug.

found this one a few minutes ago, right while setting up an alternative way(*) that would allow keeping the workflow I’ve been using since Qobuz exists

aaaarrrgggghhhh!!! :rage:

(*)

• move all my favourites to a playlist (remember? I’ve been using “favourites” as a “shopping list” = albums I want to listen to before, eventually, actually adding to my library)
  • empty my favourites list
  • use favourites, from now on, only for stuff I want in my Roon library

… just found it wouldn’t work anyway as…

• in Roon I can’t remove all my favourites at once :roll_eyes:
  • once removed from favourites they’ll also disappear from all Roon playlists :rage:

plus… it wasn’t very practical anyway, as Roon’s playlists can only be visualised by track, not (also) by album :no_mouth:

As Dylan mentioned, this is a bug on the Qobuz side, and they are saying it should be resolved by next week at the latest.

Once that happens, anything you add to your Roon library should be marked as a favorite in Qobuz, and anything you mark as a favorite in Qobuz should appear in your Roon library.

Let us know if you see otherwise @pl_svn - sorry for the trouble here.

thank you @mike :slight_smile:

though… my actual (serious indeed) issue is that as soon as the bug will be fixed many albums I added to my library (and are still there as of today) will go as my years long workflow consists in removing from favourites, via Qobuz website (shop?), once added to library (via the “Add To Library” button) :disappointed_relieved:

trying to set up a different workflow using playlists for stuff I still have to evaluate before, eventually, adding to library but… just found there’s, on Qobuz I guess, a 999 tracks limit per playlist :rage: and Roon’s playlist can’t be viewed by Album (only by track :roll_eyes: )