Allo Boss DAC review

Hi Tony

Our manufacturer was off last week due to holidays in China. I will check on Monday and update

No, in the early cases the slot is too small to even fit tweezers through. Allo realized this and modified the case but no help to me.

Dear @allo.com , I was wondering if I build RPI 3 + Boss + Volt, while I am connecting Volt to Speakers I can use BOSS RCA out for Subwoofer?

It was possible to this with volt and Piano in the middle ā€¦

But alas both my Kali and Piano 2.1 have diedā€¦ @allo.com Johan who do I send these to for replacements? I think you guys have my email on file.

No you cannot since you only have LR on boss. YOu need to use Piano 2.1 and Kali

Hello, any news about the aluminium case ? Winter is coming and my poor little Pi + Boss is still naked :wink:

I have given up waiting (and subsequently not purchased anything from Allo for months).

Its coming before the end of the month, will update once we get them

1 Like

The end of the month has come and gone and no update, just like every other promised date. I can remember it being a week away in April! Why donā€™t you just say it isnā€™t going to happen, rather than stringing us along?

1 Like

Hi Tony,
Its been a long journey from design to manufacturing with some changes along the way that further delayed production, but the cases are now being sand blasted, anodyzed and laser engraved before being shipped within the next week.
Iā€™ve attached some pictures and I am expecting more today.
We are as eager as you to be able to ship them!

Thanks for the update, my credit card is ready :smiley:

1 Like

Case update:
Black anodize almost done.
Next step is laser engraving, then packing!

sorry for the not so great picture.

Wow, really nice! Thatā€™s exactly what I was looking for for my sparkys!

Hi, do you think youā€™ll be able to send me one case before christmas ?
Just kidding, I hope you had a great end of year holiday, and that now, laser engraving and packing is done. Also, I hope youā€™ve already received all these parts (in your picture) from China, because the Chinese new year is coming soon, and that would slip the timelineā€¦ again :wink:

Bonjour Michel and thank you for reaching out.
I will take the opportunity to wish you and all other members of the Roon family a great year to come!
I think i should stock to my day job as i am certainly not cut to take great snapsā€¦

we are working on finishing the product pages and they will be live soon (cross fingers by this weekend)!

THE BOYS :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice!

First invoice of the year should hit my bank account tomorrow, and Iā€™ll be visiting your webpage first thing!

H

Is the Boss player available on the web site yet? Also is the attenuator board compatable with that setup? If so please post a link, I couldnā€™t find it.

I have an Allo Boss and love it, so Iā€™m going to order two more. (I am making my HEOS version 1 speakers Roon enabled.) The one I ordered has the Volumio OS and the USB WiFi is enabledā€¦works great with the WiFi dongle. If I order the new Bossā€™s with the DietPi + Allo Gui OS, is the USB WiFi enabled, or at least easy to enable?

https://www.allo.com/sparky/boss-player.html