Allo DigiOne board

No details on which Pi board is working with Digione? Pi, Pi2 and Pi3 boards? or only the latest one.
Thanks

pi2 and pi3

Thanks Johan.

I’m gonne place an order also. But the ISOLATOR, whats that about? Can it be used with Digione?

Waiting and hoping for the first Digione user experiences end of next week?!

DigiOne has an isolator incorporated…

1 Like

DigiOne is shipping from India…EU shipping will start in a few days

2 Likes

… any bundle/(launch) promo planned? :innocent:

Not yet…we struggle to ramp up production to testing etc.

On the website the shipping for EU is delayed from 19 to june 28th. So, that is no longer up to date?

We are building them as fast as we can…but then we need to test each one of them. After we need to FedEx it to EU and then we can ship. It will be shipped from EU before the 28, we are giving the worst case scenario (since we been slightly optimistic before)

Sorry guys/gals. But its coming soon. BTW…we made one last change on production units. We seen now the jitter at 0.411ps

Sounds good excited to se if I will notice some change in SQ, I’m using Hifiberry Digi+ Pro with an iFi spdif ipurifier attached on the coax-input on my Hegel HD30…

That is the big question. How big is the difference? And what is the sound quality compared to the other computer hifi solutions like; Sonore and SOtM-200?

I own a NOS dac that is sensitive to jitter and now use the Digi+, but i am not satisfied. Allo has made some great expectations with the DigiOne, i am very excited…

This is a great test. Can you please keep us updated ?

I think you better test the USBridge vs Sonore and SOtM.

However it will be a good test vs above

Sure I most certainly will. The rest of the system is Linn Klimax Kontrol connected to a pair of Klimax Solos and they conduct a pair of System Audio Pandion 30 speakers. Mostly tied together with Chord Sarum Super Array.

Will the DigiOne be able to pass through up to 24/192 PCM and DSD64, for DACs that can accept those rates via S/PDIF? If so, then I’m excited, too.

Johan, can you please explain that ?
Is that because neither has Spdif like Usbridge, or because the Usbridge is closer in SQ to both than the DigiOne?

uRendu , SOtM and USBridge have USB outputs. Thats why I was saying its easier to compare.

As of right now…we are not aware of anything on the market that has the same clean output and low jitter on spidif , like DigiOne. There is simply nothing like it from a technical point of view.
The real test is in your hands, How does the low jitter/noise translate to SQ in your system. Please share after testing.

DigiOne takes an i2s signal from RPI up to 24/192Khz. No DSD on i2s

If you want DSD/384Khz we suggest USBridge

I’m not sure that’s entirely true. If the DSD has been packed into the DoP format (DSD over PCM - this is the case for most implementations of DSD transmission, but by no means all), it appears to all devices in the transmission path as PCM data. It is only at the DAC that this is unpacked and reassembled into a DSD stream. There should be no fundamental reason DSD64 data on DoP will not pass through the DigiOne (unless DigiOne is sniffing PCM packets to see if they are DoP and then rejecting them for some reason).

If the downstream DAC does not know how to unpack the data, that is another issue (most DACs only accept DoP on USB input, but some also accept DoP on all S/PDIF connections as well, which @orgel is specifically addressing )