Allo DigiOne board

After adjusting further…we got jitter at 0.6ps. Seems this is final (as low as we can get)

2 Likes

Thanks. Now we will see how it sounds! When will it be available?

Testing is almost over…board sounds like it adds nothing to the sound. No other way to describe it.

1 Like

Better pic. Boards will be mass produced next week.

7 Likes

What clock are you using? What are the clock measurements? Thanks.

Low jitter NDK oscilators. The measurements of jitters will be public at 0.588ps

Thanks. What about clock ppm?

Clock PPM is mostly marketing… nothing to do with real specs impacting the analog.

Some DACs have high precision clocks that may have difficulty synchronizing with less stable clocks in the digital signal. That is not marketing…

Agreed. I dont remember the exact math behind it…but do not worry about PPM ( as long as its in the specs). Worry only about jitter…in fact only worry about phase noise

For anyone interested, please read this excelent whitepaper to understand the diffrence betwen jitter/phase noise and PPM

““A deviation of 4 Hz at 1000 Hz however can hardly be detected by
humans so that the absolute frequency could deviate
0.4% which is 4,000 ppm…! In a commercial
environment 100 ppm has been prescribed””

Our oscillator is ±30ppm at -10c +70c and ±20ppm -10c +60c

I placed an order so will be trying it out :slight_smile:

Ok, I see the DigiOne on the site for ordering. One question, does the DigiOne work with RPI-3 and PiCore or Max2Play (are the drivers available?)…if yes, I am going to order too…am curious about the performance…

Driver was submitted today , we wil work with PCP, Volumio , Moode, DietPi (with everyone possible) to have them incorporated asap

any ETA on availability of the metal case for Sparky + DigiOne?
in the while… will the acrylic case work?

oh, and… PS specs (v/A), please :wink:

One Digione for Coax on my Hegel HD30 and one USBridge as a companion to my iFi micro iDSD BL. :heart_eyes::kissing_heart:. Many thanks for your audiophile commitment ! ! :grinning:

For those interested, I’ll release an update for RoPieee with support for the Digione somewhere tomorrow.

3 Likes

@Erik_Hansson , PM sent

1 Like

interesting. I might try this board as well.