Allo DigiOne board

What is your take on the DigiOne?

Itā€˜s really good, better than the Digi+ Pro

Digione is something very rare and special. Digione feeding My coax on Hegel HD30 gives me an extreme transparent sound image. Wide and deep, where you are able to hear small things in the background even through very complex part in the music. As I mention on the USBridge-thread, the effect less jitter gives is comparable with more exact spin on your turntable and that is exactly what I experience with Digione. :ok_hand::grinning::+1:

Ok Isolator + Digi+ Pro works fine now. Thanks for clarification!

Maybe a hint on the product page that Isolator and DigiOne are not compatible would be nice!

Agreed. We will change the page during the week with a better explanation on tech and compatibility.

@allo.com is it possible to mount the DigiOne board on a Pi and still have the DSI cable go out to the 7" screen?

I have hats on my Pis with the DSI cable connecting to the Pi and 7" touchscreen so donā€™t see why the digione would be any different.

Ok, good to hear that.

Hi, can Sparky work with HifiBerry Digi+ Pro ?? I know that Sparky wonā€™t work with DigiOne due to master/slave incompatibility.

Had the digiOne running for a couple of days now.

Iā€™ve hit a bit of a technical issue though, hopefully @allo.com Johan can offer some advice. I was comparing two different inputs on my Devialet, but when swapping spdif cable over at the DAC end, the digiOne dropped off Roon. A reboot fixed it the first time, but second time round I canā€™t get it back.

Have rebooted the pi via ssh several times (itā€™s there and all the Roon processes appear to be running, latest Dietpi), have power-cycled it, and have restarted the Roon Core and the iOS remote. Still canā€™t get it back. What else can I try?

Thanks.

Can you check if the board is still ā€˜seenā€™ by ALSA?

aplay -l

I would also suggest a fresh flash of SD card.

root@pi3_dietpi_allo_digiOne:~# aplay -l
aplay: device_list:268: no soundcards foundā€¦

Mmmmm

Ouch! OK, will try that when I next get some time, thatā€™s a shameā€¦ Guess Iā€™ll try RoPieee this time, although never had an issue with the other three dietpi zones to date.

Not good. Try reseating the board. If that does not help, set soundcard to ā€˜noneā€™, reboot and reselect ā€˜DigiOneā€™.

FWIW: mineā€™s running fine with DietPi.

Today I was happy to see the mailman with my DigiOne and case. I have immediately mounted the DigiOne on a new PI3 and as there is a Max2Play leaflet in the box, I have installed a SD card with Max2Play. After booting Max2Play asked for which soundcard and I have entered Allo DigiOne. I was requested to update the Kernel of the PI, which could be done via Max2Play. Also done. However SqueezeLite does not run. I see 2 kind of error messages,I canā€™t find any solution. Any suggestions??

Solved! In a very scientific way :slight_smile: ā€¦ I have changed in Max2Play the card to an Allo DAC card. And then restarted the device. Didnā€™t work ofcourse but then I changed back to Allo DigiOne and rebooted again. Now SqueezeLite has started and music is playing now. Time to start listening and decide if I head any difference with the HifiBerry Digi+ Pro. Iā€™ll let you now!

Thanks Rene. Will give those a go. Pretty sure the board is rock solid and screwed down but you never knowā€¦

[no joy resetting the board via audio config. Guess the case is coming open / new OSā€¦]

Listened to various pieces of music. Definitely the DigiOne is worth itā€™s money. Compared to the Hifiberry Digi+ Pro the voices are more separated. The music sounds more clear, more detailed. But above all, there is no fatigue which I had with the Hifiberry. So the DigiOne is the final soundcard in my set! A deep bow to the guys and girls of Allo, a great job with the DigiOne.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I have a feeling more Digi+ Proā€™s will slowly start to get replaced.

Maybe more than just Digi+Pros