Allo Reclocker, DAC & Amp for Raspberry Pi

hi and thanks but our DAC can not do mono L & R at this time… wish I could have helped.

1 Like

@Janis, Could you describe where you got the cable that goes from the Allo CM into the Volt amp? Did you make it yourself? Also any recommendations on where to get a 19V psu?

CM to AMP connection cable comes with CM.
PSU for AMP I used you see above in this thread.
PSU for Khali I purchased from Allo.

My Vana setup should arrive in 36-48 hours. I’ll be hoping it’s pretty much plug it in and go but I’ll do an unboxing and a short how to I hope. Have a piano 2.1 and kali also coming that I’m farming out for another test with on a RPi setup

1 Like

Great to hear!
My Allo experience was really plug and play 10 min! :slight_smile:
Comparing to nightmare of two different Audiophonics DACs where first was a week to get up and running, and second was broken plus it doesn’t function by design with Roon…

If no Allo driver available in your RPI distribution, I found IQaudIO giving the best result with Piano DAC.

Janis

Sadly my Vana rig and the Kali and Piano 2.1 are not getting here for another 12-15hours but in the meantime…

How does one config the Kali now that the DietPi 141 has the Piano (and IQAudio mute issues sorted - thanks Dan) and for that matter the Volt+ boards to be working?

Im going to try the Sparky anyway but also want to test with DietPi on my RPi-3 @Dan_Knight

1 Like

All you’ll need to do is enable the Allo Piano soundcard:
dietpi-config > Audio Options > Sound Card

DietPi sets up the required dtoverlays and everything else automatically. After a reboot, Kali, Piano and volt will be fully functional.

Sadly my Vana rig and the Kali and Piano 2.1 are not getting here for another 12-15hours but in the meantime…

Its going to be a loooooong night lol :smiley:. But trust me, its worth the wait :slight_smile:

Awesome…that with the 384 kernel updates and I’ll be a happy camper…

1 Like

The Kali supports 192khz max (as per online doc https://www.allo.com/sparky/kali-reclocker.html), may need to confirm with @ALLO_audio_boards.
Both Allo Piano’s support 384khz output, but i’am not sure what effect the reclocker would have on the output.

Testing required I think :slight_smile:

hey guys,
we used to have 2 KALI models in the past
1 that had 22/24Mhz xtals and we used to sell only with our SPARKY SBC that can only support up to 192khz
and another that has 44/48Mhz xtals that can go up to 384Khz.

we stopped manufacturing the 22/24Mhz and now only offer 1 KALI model the 44/48Mhz xtal one that can go up to 385khz.

seems like on the site the description got mixed.
you can read folks on other forums that are playing at 384khz sample rate with KALI and RPI

cheers

1 Like

I can confirm it plays on DietPi 384 like a charm! :slight_smile:

Hope, DSD will come also one day…

Janis

1 Like

Great now if the fedex routing could just get from india to Singapore faster than via Dubai and now France …next will be Canada I fear then I might stand some chance of getting this working…in the meantime I try with the iqaudio digiamp I have.

EDIT the post man just came with my IQAudio that Gordon shipped before xmas…so at least I have some things to play with while I wait.

fedex is usually great…
will ask my people to check

its having a merry old time…there goes another forrest!

never new the shortest route from India was via Dubai and France then India again…go figure…

we already complained…
they said it will be expedited.
something happened for sure.

Well it’s not your fault but you have to laugh I guess. What else can go wrong. In the mean time I’m having fun anyway.

With all due respect.
International shipments have issues. No surprise…

Wait and contact customer service of Allo directly if it doesn’t arrive after few weeks. Why to post in this forum so frequent shipment status updates and spam?

Sheer excitement, I guess. As far as I can see, all in good humour as well.

I for one feel for the little bugger… All the way to India and back again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, this is common go to market and supply chain shortfall many start ups have. Allo is not alone. Certainly will be fixed over time.

On personal note frustrating - clearly.

Frustration, yes, disbelief definitely, hilarity too. Well despite FedEx saying they would call me with progress yesterday nobody called…to embarrassed to have a person to person I guess.

The unit was in China at 2am my time this morning and now it’s on a truck (allegedly) to be delivered before 6pm today - notified by SMS this morning…that’s the most it’s moved in distance and time so fingers crossed from France to india to china to Singapore in a tad over 24hrs that I do get it today.

For @Janis sake I hope we can return to our normal program :blush: