Allo USBridge board

Hi

we are currently reprogramming all USBridges to latest DietPi/Volumio and we set them up so when received its really “plug&play”

So units are in stock…we are just upgrading the software.

OK but why upgrading.
DietPi is continually evolving and it’s very easy to upgrade as end user.

We will make it plug and play. Everything installed to make it easier for customers that are not familiar with linux

Also we are working in parallel to create a specific image with GUI that will make it very clear and simple to use. A mainstream product.

OK i understand,
i’m still waiting for availability (USBridge + Alu case).

I know.

We changed the supplier and we are trying everything in our power to bring it sooner rather than later.

Interesting… Is that also for the digiOne, or just the USB bridge?

Usbridge for the moment…lets finish the first project.

1 Like

USBridge and Digione arrived 2 dags ago. Both transports lifts my rigg in many ways there is a much darker background, better dynamic because of that. The perspective is also raised with a great margin. Less jitter and noise is comparable to a more accurate spin on your turntable. Gives you definitely the same improvements in SQ. Many thank’s again Allo for your audiophile commitments.

So over to some annoying things, USBridge indicates only green up to 96 kHz in Roon with dietpi coonected to iFi iDSD B L. Once when i booted all up to 768 kHz was green and DSD whas yellow up to DSD256. I noticied that the Linux version indicates 3.10 is that the problem for the ultra HD formats ? So alsa / kernel need to be upgraded ?

Once again many thank’s for efforts that’s indirect gives me the opportunity to get closer to the music. :kissing_heart: :ok_hand::notes:

1 Like

he johan from allo…can you say what the specs are? dsd256? PCM 32bit/384KHz? what are the limits.

thanks

So … interested in comparing USBridge against competition especially packaged Roon enabled USB network renderers:

• Sotm SMS-200 (and Ultra)
  • Sonore UltraRendu

USBridge price is quite lower but what about SQ ?

Kernel does not need to be upgraded. Depending on your DAC , it should work up to 786Khz

From Dietpi v150 here is what i get:
root@DietPi:~# uname -r
4.9.27-v7+

Hi !

When I switched to put the PSU directly into SBC with a new iFi iPower 5V 2.5 A everything has been working OK. All PCM up to 768 k’Hz was green. One iFi was broked. Now during some playing all of a sudden the music stopped. And when I reboot it was only green up to 96 kHZ on PCM again. Now I am afraid that even this iFi iPower is going down the drain. I did not receive any PSU delivered ? Can it be that way that an iFi iPower 5v 2.5 A is a little bit to weak ? I´m only using my iFi micro iDSD in direct moode i e 2.0 V to preamp. Maybe we need a PSU with more Ampere ?

Hi,

2.5A should be plenty of power for USBridge.I think that your DAC is drawing power as well and this is why you are going over. Can you feed independent power to your DAC ?

Hi Johan,
So (when removing J28 jumper) is this setup recommended from SQ point of view (less noise) ?

• Allo stock SMPS PSU 5V / 3A => Sparky SBC
  • iFiPower SMPS 5V / 2.5A => USBridge

Is further enhancement to be expected using better PSU (LPS for example) to feed SBC and / or USBridge ?
Thank you.

Yes the setup above is fine.

You might get a further upgrade (but very small) if you use a good PSU for Sparky.

Still no estimate on when the Alu enclosure will be available?
Or alternatively, would you allow for purchasing just the Alu enclosure in the future for customers that purchase the USBridge now?

Thanks

Same questions, and also if any feedback or review about USBridge available ?

Yes we will provide the ALU enclosure at a small discount .

We received the latest sample…checking.