Allo USBridge board

Thanks. Not at home at the moment and can’t check which version I reinstalled the last weekend. I think it was 6.13.

All good. So just update to the latest and you’ll be fine (hopefully…)

1 Like

At a website for selling products.

Apparently, the Devolo Wifi stick has already a compiled mt7610u driver. Great!
I am following this tutorial on https://github.com/sparkysbc/sparky_linux_images/tree/master/wifi_drivers
I think I am missing something or don’t understand fully.

1. I have downloaded the .tar file to root@dietpi.
  2. I’ve created a directory MT7610U (not described in the tutorial, missing?). I think I need to create the directory
  3. I tried the command tar -xvf MT7610U.tar but get the error:
    tar: v: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

Do I need to move the .tar file tot the created directory MT7610U and work from there? Not sure on the command mv and prefixes.
Any advice is appreciated!

1 Like

Hi Jan

Quick question, are you copying and pasting the commands or typing them out?

Sean and I both had similar errors because we were copying and pasting the commands.

3 Likes

I mixed typing and copying. I’ll try to just type. Thanks!

I think I managed to install the driver,at least no error message appeared.
Rebooted. Failed to bring up wlan0
Not sure what to do next to get the adapter to work.

Update: receiving great support from Allo on computeraudiophile.com. Continuing this issue over there.

Updated The Driver for Mt7610U based modules. Devolo WiFi Stick AC (nano usb) ID now included in driver.
@jaguone thanks for your feed back.

1 Like

Received great support from ALLO and got the wifi dongle working. However, when I reboot with the dongle only, Roon recognises the USBridge (now on wifi) for 10 s and then disappears from Audio settings. ssh works for like 10 s but then timeouts and access is lost. Pinging doesn’t work.
If I connect both wifi and ethernet, I can see from the router admin page that the ip address the ethernet adpater has, changes to the one the wifi has and vice versa. I’ve set static ip on ethernet. I think there is some kind of ip address conflict . Dunno.
So I am thinking of disabling the ethernet adapter to avoid the IP address conflict. Worst case scenario would be that wifi doesn’t work anyway and I have to reinstall the image. Any other suggestions?

My USBridge is giving good service and I am now wondering about powering both boards. I have read a number of posts but I am unclear on a few points.

I am currently using an ifi 5v power supply to power the USBridge. Should I look to get a second ifi wallwart or can I use another 5v psu with a micro-usb connection to connect to the sparky? I have a number of generic 5v micro-usb wallwarts in my man-drawer that I could use!

I can see the J28 jumper is closed, is it simply a case of pulling the jumper?

I simply pulled the J28 jumper and used the supplied PSU for Sparky and the iFi ipower for the USBridge.

I do the same but I’m curious if anyone uses iFi power for both, and if so is there a noticeable sound improvement?

How can I make sure my DAC is compatible with USBridge? My DAC does not exist in the DACS-List_USBridge.pdf
If not, what can I do? Driver installation?

Do you have any Linux-based computer you can hook your DAC to? Any Mac OS X will do too, as long as it doesnt require drivers,
If your DAC works in either of these situations it should work finewoth USBridge also.
Atb /Mike

Hi @catman

How did you go? All sorted with your Pro-Ject DAC?

Hey Jan, hmmm I would never disable the ethernet adapter because if WiFi doesn’t work, then you’re stuck with only 1 option .- a clean image install.

Once you had WiFi installed correctly in DietPi with the ethernet cable plugged in, try shutting down USBridge (poweroff command), take out the ethernet cable, and then turn off your router and do a power cycle of your router.

Just something to try, maybe?

Alas no. Allo could not get anything to work with this DAC. Really weird. They did however offer to take it back and gave an address in Florida to mail it to.

I then looked for alternatives. The SOtm SMS 200 is on sale, and I just placed an order for it. I’ll hopefully get it soon.

The DAC is now connected directly to my computer using USB, and I must say, it is wonderful. I just need to move the computer elsewhere and put it on a network because my wife does not believe it belongs where it currently resides. :wink:

1 Like

Wow, she’s been reading Roon’s recommendations about having the Roon Core outside the listening room? Amazing. You should definitely listen to her :grin:

Good luck with the SMS-200.

1 Like

No. She cares less about Roon. Just jokes that I am going through male menopause - and all things considered, this is a good way to channel it! But she wants the MacBook Air out of sight. :frowning:

1 Like

Ha I know, I was only joking that her wishes to get the Macbook out of sight aligns nicely with Roon recommended practice, a nice coincidence even though different reasons :grin:

It is nicer to have the Roon Core in a different room and just have a nice big iPad in your hands as a Roon Remote.