Allo USBridge board

No. But I would expect that a reboot of a USBridge is possible. If not it’s not working properly

A screen may tell you how far it gets, if it gets anywhere.

Lately I am having strange disconnection on my allousbridge running dietpi (latest version). It runs nicely for a couple of days and then stops playing. In roonbridge It still recognizes the bridge. I can ssh into the allo and also gui is working. I do a sudo reboot and then it does not come online anymore until I pull the plug and reconnect the power of usbridge and sparky. Any ideas?

Do you turn off your DAC? Then this could be a possible solution for the behaviour:

Not that I am aware off. I have a meridian explorer 2 just connected to the USB. But I can try this setting

Same issue here. USBridge is no longer appears on the Roon device list. A manual reboot (powering on/off) fixes the issue but it is very annoying.

I think I have met with this issue this afternoon. I am running NAA on the USBridge, with latest DietPi version. Suddenly the music has stopped playing with no reason.

I have transfered the stream to the Allo DigiOne with RoPieee, that never fails :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Finally I ordered katana. I also got a DigiOne Signature and replaced my AURALiC mini :grin: surprised with the quality of DigiOne sound with chord Qutest! It beats AURALiC mini with lps by far!

Cannot wait to get the katana.

I am a fan of Ropieee. Will katana also support Ropieee?

1 Like

So, I have been critical of the Usbridge, mainly for the issues with turning off DAC’s and it’s unwillingness to talk to my PS Audio Sprout 100. I’ve since changed to a Schitt Modi 3 for DAC duties. The Usbridge seems to be working faultlessly with this, I’ve even powered the DAC through the Usbridge, completely resolving the power issues. Got to say, an improvement over the Pi. Not night and day, but slightly more air, slightly l larger soundstage and better definition of strings.

Happy with it again, seems like it was the USB receiver in the Sprout that caused the problems.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Issues with Allo USBridge

Sorry to bring this up again but did you find a fix for this?
I just got mine ans I’m dealing with the same issue.

Thanks

Not sure if you fixed this. I had a similar problem with the USBridge dropping the signal, disappearing from the available devices list and then reappearing again.

This was fixed by using a USB 3.0 gigabit ethernet adapter instead of the Sparky onboard ethernet. Everything about this device is more responsive and stable now.

Thanks Nathan – good to know. Had been bugging me.

I am trying my hand at some Sample Rate Conversion using Roon’s DSP. I wanted to try and get DSD 256 running however I only seem to be able to run DSD 128 (that or DSD 64).

I am using my USBridge (on V6.22.3) fed across ethernet from my NUC running ROCK. The USBridge plugs into my Mytek Liberty DAC (obviously via USB). Roon is setup to DSD over PCM.

Anyway, my DAC should do DSD 256, therefore I am wondering whether the problem is elsewhere, possibly to do with Dietpi. Does anyone know if I might be able to get DSD 256 working and if so, how? Thanks.

I have a similar setup; ROCK on NUC via ethernet to USBridge, USB to Pro-Ject S2 and I can get DSD256:

However I haven’t updated my USBridge and I’m still running 6.21.1.

1 Like

DoP requires overhead to use. So, if you can do native 256, you will top out at 128 DoP. Now, if the Mytek did DSD 512, then you could do 256 DoP.

Linux platforms and native DSD are a bit tricky. Each fork, such as DietPi, needs to be patched for potentially each DAC. So while, CostasD can run native on his Pro-ject Pr S2, it really has no bearing whether or not you will be able to run native DSD. DietPi might not have patched in the Liberty. The best way is to send them an email and ask if your specific DAC Make/Model has been patched for native DSD in DietPi. It might not be able to. @Dan_Knight?

2 Likes

Thanks @Rugby and @CostasD for your replies.

I will ping something over to @Dan_Knight however I know he obviously watches this thread and has been really helpful in the past.

I assume this issue might also be true for my Digione running to my other DAC (Arcam irDACII) in my office setup. However I have not been able to get DSD to work at all even though I can select it.

I used to have that setup, and i could get DSD512 to work as well (not that it matter, just saying). DSD512 takes quite a chunk of CPU though, especially in combination with DSP (room correction).

2 Likes

I purchased two powers supply with my USbridge.it is better to power sparky and usbridge separetly unpluggin jumper 28? Both PS are identical.the SQ will improve doing so?

Please van youssef explain why to power first the sparky and the the usbridge??