Another "Audio File is Loading Slowly" [Resolved]

This only happens when playing an album of Hi-Rez FLAC files. The message mostly comes up near the end of the track and then it skips to the next song. The next song skips forward sooner and another message is seen.
I’m running Roon on a MacBook Pro 5.1, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 Ghz, 4 GB memory. 750 GB HD 1/2 full. 700 albums plus Tidal. Typically I use the MacBook on the coffee table and send music via RAAT to the Auralic Aries. There has never been a problem until lately so I’m suspecting the latest build because connecting the MacBook directly to the Auralic Vega DAC via USB does not solve the problem.
I do understand that new features can increase the load on the hardware. My question is, given the relatively light load, should I be having inadequate hardware issues? If so, will changing to an SSD likely solve my problem?

9 posts were split to a new topic: “Audio File Loading Slowly” with 2012 Mac MIni

8 posts were split to a new topic: Mac vs Windows Performance?

Hi @Gerhard_Martan ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us, both are appreciated!

Moving forward, can you please post a screenshot of your signal path leaving Roon when you notice the mentioned behavior?

-Eric

Eric, not necessary. The next morning I did not have a problem with the same tracks playing although the File Loading Slowly message popped up occasionally. I thought about this and suspected that the MacBook must have a utility that shows resource usage. It does. The CPU was sitting at 85% on average, peaking well over !00% at times. It appears that I enabled Sample Rate Conversion along with equalization. Turning that off brought the CPU load back down to 30%. Equalization does not seem to have an impact on CPU load. Thanks for your prompt reply.

1 Like

Thanks for touching base with me @Gerhard_Martan! Glad you were able to get this sorted out :clap::thumbsup:

Happy listening!
-Eric

This topic was automatically closed after 27 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.