Another odd screen issue

@spockfish Just FYI, no issues today with the displays. As requested, I changed all of the devices to beta and have rebooted several times. I am not sure whether that was successful, because the version number hasn’t changed.

Bedankt Harry.

1 Like

I’ve rebooted/updated everything on my work setup. Still seeing screen display and touch control issues. Feedback bd37b730ac239528

Hi @Lloyd_Borrett,

I see you did not switch to the beta channel.
The other guys has switched to the beta channel and that version is running file.

Can you try that as well?

Regards Harry

Here you go Harry.

I’ve switched to beta and rebooted the device and ROCK on the work setup. Feedback 4f3fbc1c025adf80

Seems to be okay so far. About to head home for the day. Will do the same on the home system.

1 Like

Work setup still not working properly. See feedback c8c03037fcaba68f

Your unit did not update everything. Can you go the the ‘advanced’ tab in the web ui and put the ‘Update Schedule’ to ‘On Boot’?

After saving you should reboot.

Have done that. Display still doesn’t update properly. Feedback a449e68db720dd78

i don’t see strange things. The only thing I see is that you’e configured ‘Front Office’ to be controlled from the screen, but the logging from Roon shows there is no ‘Front Office’ zone, only ‘Back Office’ and ‘Dive Shop’.

So… where’s ‘Front Office’?

Front Office is the zone that has the screen. It’s grouped with Dive Shop.

can you ungroup and try it directly?

Ungrouped and still not working properly. See 0a0fb6e0632843c6

What I don’t get is the display originally worked whether grouped or not. But since the last Roon and RoPiee updates it no longer works. One would think there’s been a software change causing this.

@spockfish, strange behaviour today. Devices updated to v154, but had a hard time holding onto the use beta option (would switch to stable after reboots). Screen doesn’t update now, alas. Restart of extension resets the display but doesn’t fix the problem (immediately freeezes). Sample feedback after a reboot and a freeze:

222a7ef48775219d

I have not rebooted absolutely everything yet, unless you advise to.

Nathan

Edit: decided to reboot NUC core running ROCK, and that seems to have worked. Feedback from same endpoint: 29d51cb35db4229b

sure, that’s what i’m looking into. so far without success. frustrating part about it that over here everyhting works.

So, @Nathan_Wilkes runs ROCK. What are you running as Roon Core?

Nathan,

Something fishy is going on. I’m again unable to read both your feedback archives, suggesting that again something is wrong with your file system.

Has something changed in your system? Different power supply? Is this the same SD card?

Lloyd,

Looking at your log… what is exactly not working? The log is now seeing the zone, although it takes some time. Can you leave on a little bit longer before your hit the feedback button?

It then has more information to log.

Thanks,

Harry,

I sent feedback from an entirely different endpoint this time, to avoid a problem reading the feedback! I’ll reflash when I get back home over the weekend. Nothing new on this the oldest of my displays, though I have gotten a few power warnings.

Nathan

Hello, I have the same issue … everything works fine without the screen. My identifyer is 64b319992f2023fa
Hope you can find a solution.

Best regards

Peter

Hi,

Can you switch to the beta channel? I pushed out an update that adds more debug info as I can’t see anything special in the logs.

Thanks,

Hello,

Thanks for writring back. I switched to beta.

Best regards

Peter

Ok. And what is the result?