Anthem's new Audio gear supports Roon

Congrats on your recovery!

Have you considered the Arcam? It seems on par the Anthem and supports Roon.

Yes, I looked at the Arcam and at the time the model I was interested in was the AV40 but elsewhere in the world (eg UK) they were already selling the AV41 and they were the same price. Australia were only selling the obsolete model. Also you then had to go and spend extra to fully enable the room correction capability and then even more to correct multiple subwoofers. I can’t recall exactly but I’m not sure the Arcam supported 4 independent subs either. I didn’t look too closely after finding them selling an old model, also the dealer didn’t give much discount on those where I could get the price much lower on the AVM90 (20% vs 10%)

At the time there just wasn’t anything as good as the AVM90. I’ve had it about 6 months and I’m very happy with it. I’ve added a couple of Anthem power amps and I’m using an Anthem STR power amp in the new 2 channel system until the guy in the Luxman factory gets around to soldering mine together (the STR is so good that if I hadn’t payed a large deposit on the M-10X I’d cancel the order - it’s been 3 months since I ordered)

Ah. I wouldn’t have bought the old model either.

Generally, how does the sound quality differ between Arcam and Anthem?

I can only tell you what the sound quality is like on the 40 not the 41, although I think the only change has been the hdmi 2.1 and hdcp2.3 rather than audio circuitry. I found the Arcam to be quite warm where the AVM90 is more neutral. I would have been happy with either since I came from a Valve power amp setup the warmth would have been fine with me. At the end of the day the 2 channel performance was why I was looking at high end processors and I found I preferred the Anthem, I should say I also listened to the AV30 which was very good, their integrated units are better sounding than the MRX1140, it’s not even close but neither is the price. As I said I’m moving to a 2 channel system and I’m using a switch box to switch the main amp from the AVM90 to my Weiss DAC so I’m not using the AVM 90 for music any longer. Originally I was going to run the 2 channel in another room but since I’m doing it in the one room now I am integrating 2 pairs of subs so the 4 independent channel sub setup on the AVM90 is ideal.

March 2023 still no certification

2 Likes

Two companies with kinda spotty support. Why don’t we ever learn?

1 Like

Here is what I don’t understand… Is it a delay on Anthem’s part or a backlog/delay on the Roon side? Read this reply I got from Anthem on Instagram at the beginning of the year, it is not clear where the hold-up is:

3 Likes