Any benefit to adding master clock to dCS Network Bridge with Devialet?

I have a dCS Network Bridge which is wirelessly connected to a Roon nucleus plus music server. The network bridge is then connected via a digital XLR cable to a Devialet pro 1000. Would I see any improvement in sound quality if I would to connect the network bridge to dCS master clock? There are no master clock inputs on the Devialet.
Thanks

In order for a master clock to be of benefit all devices in the chain need to be synced to the same clock. As Devialet has no word clock input there’s no benefit in adding one.

I like to keep things simple, and the box count down! Have you tried networking your devialet (also wireless) and streaming directly to it? And this way, the Devialet controls the clock.

Isn’t the idea behind RAAT that the renderer controls the clock?

Well, it is possible that the external clock would have less phase noise than then internal clock and thus produce an SPDIF signal with less jitter. But the Devialet would still need to recover the clock from the audio signal itself as opposed to what happens in a full-dCS system where the clock is distributed independently. Did I get this right?

Yes, but the RAAT device in this case is the dCS network bridge. The bridge still connects to the Devialet over SPDIF, which means the Devialet clock is not the master.

Yes…but… (there’s always a but)

In the simplest case where the S/PDIF receiver feeds directly into the DAC circuit then this can be true, but any quality improvement is going to be heavily dependent on the quality of the receiver design and the associated PLL. If the PLL has more drift than the error in the incoming signal then you’re gaining nothing at all.

In the more common case the DAC is doing some sort of processing before rolling the bits into the DAC circuit. Typically the DAC does some sort of ASRC (asynchronous sample rate conversion) where the input is buffered and then converted to some common sample rate which is preferred by the DAC. There may also be some DSP steps in here as well. In this case the quality of the input signal is pretty much irrelevant as the conversion process is not synchronous with the input. The Devialet falls into this category.

Understood, but in general, all else being equal I would expect an SPDIF signal with less jitter will sound better regardless of the peculiarities of the receiver.