Apple TV Extension - Roon TV Remote

You are an unsung hero of Roon!

Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

How can I get on board the testing program? Are you limiting number of testers?

Great job Russell.

2 Likes

Congratulations, great, thank you very much for your great work!

1 Like

Hello @R_102 - I apologize for using this thread for tech support! Loving the Apple TV app, thanks for contributing it to the Roon community. Like some others, I’ve had it working, but it can no longer find my core. It’s looking on port 9100 and, according to the Roon display settings, my core is on port 9300. However, when I try to change the port for the app in the app’s settings on the Apple TV, the settings app insta-quits to the Home Screen. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers!

Hi @James_Mauger, there is no testing program. The app is now available for sale in the App Store.

Hi @kneville, can I check that you’re up and running with the latest build 1.2.5?

The latest should have a fix for the port number crash.

Thanks for getting back so quickly. Yes, I was/am on the current version. However, I hadn’t restarted the AppleTV since I installed the update and having done that and re-started Roon, things seem to working again. Fingers crossed, I’ll swing back if I run into issues. And thanks again for your work here, definitely adds to the overall Roon experience for me!

Mine works on port 9330

Is it possible to display and/or animate local artwork on the Now Playing screen? Or change fonts? I am currently re-ripping my CD and vinyl collection. I am scanning artwork as part of the process and storing it with the respective album(s). Each album folder will have a scan of the album cover and disc, at a minimum. It worked great with Kodi, but I am leaning more towards Roon for music. Here’s an example of a “Now Playing” screen…

Thank you @R_102 Russel this is fantastic. Bought and up and running in 10 seconds.

1 Like

I switched off the Testflight build a couple of weeks or so ago, and all seemed OK… until this weekend. When I’ve been prompted twice to re-enable the extension in the Core. Nothing has been rebooted in the last week or so.

So It seems that problem may be back.
-Alan

Trying to change the port and the app keeps crashing. No matter how I approach it the app crashes every time I select Port.

Thoughts?

Can I check that you’re running the latest version 1.2.5? Does the issue persist with a clean install?

I did a clean install then input the port 1st, then IP then turned on connect with IP and that worked.

1 Like

hmm ok. Im suspecting there’s an issues with the stored config file - leave it with me.

Recently bought and already become a must-have. Thank you, keep up the good work!

1 Like

is it possible to develop roon remote for android tv?

Thanks so very much for doing this great work @R_102. It was such a gap in the Roon product. Now I get to enjoy my listening experience even more!

1 Like

Great app, and a dead steal at the price. Thanks for bringing it to the community, @R_102. One question: Unless I’m missing it, there doesn’t seem to be a way to group/ungroup zones in the app. Am I wrong?

1 Like