Apple TV Extension - Roon TV Remote

@Russel V, You are a genius, sire! I just stumbled on this thread, bought the app right away, and it is, what’s the phrase? Transformative! Thanks a ton for your labors!

1 Like

You can’t do this with this app, but… You can use a Google TV to make it work the way you want only ~50 bucks. The other nice thing is you will also get support for lyrics. I still like and use the app as it has some other nice features for navigating music.

1 Like

Been using this for a few weeks, great app and really awesome to see it on the big TV. Would be great to see lyrics and track info. If this is a Roon API thing - any plans to develop Roon API to support great apps like these?

One suggestion for a slight UI improvement that I hope is possible…

• on “zones” screen, put the “jiggly frequency icon” indicating that a zone is playing next to all zones that are playing, not just the selected zone (similar to the pop-up on the Roon remote)
  • have a “pause all” button on zones screen, similar to on the “zones” selector on Roon remote
  • extra credit for having the ability to group, ungroup, and transfer zones

None of this necessary, I just love this app, and these are slight nitpicks for when I do have to pick up my phone.

1 Like

may be nice but there is too much gimmik and to less information about the played song :-/

These are on the to-do list, hoping to get round to ticking these off the list soon.

The apps currently shows all info that the API has to offer. Lyrics is the tricky one due to licensing.

Nice to see this works with 2.0 :grinning::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Mine is not working since I updated to Roon 2.0. My core is on my MacMini TV:Remote cannot find my core…. I don’t know what to do

Just downloaded - works with my Mac Mini 2012 (Catalina) running Roon 2.0.

Fantastic piece of work - except it keeps me glued to the sofa even more :blush:

1 Like

Does the issue persist after a reboot of the MacMini and ATV?

You are right I had to restart my router and it worked.

1 Like

I bought the app for me but I was wondering if I need to buy it again for my mom or can I use Family sharing?

Hi, guys, just a silly question: do you think the app can find the core even when it’s out of the LAN?
I’d like to allow my sister to enjoy the service from her own house.

No - it requires to be on the same subnet.

Aside of setting up a roon compatible VPN the only ‘outside the network’ option is ARC.

1 Like

Thanks, mate, I was only looking for something compatible with Apple TV.

Once again, great app. One feedback from me would be that the volume control is not working properly for me. Neither the swiping action, or pressing the on-screen volume buttons. It shows a decimal increase that jumps up and down with no audible difference, but then jumps back to what is was previously. I’m streaming to a Roon Ready amplifier with integer volume tics.

Cheers!

Hi Adrian,

Could I ask what Roon Ready device is being used? Have any volume limits been applied to the zone in Roon (Zone Settings > Volume Limits).

Hi! This is a Lyngdorf TDAI3400. No volume limits in Roon. I have a volume limit on the amp itself though, but I wouldn’t want to remove that. But I could test it if you think it would help.

Assuming volume control adjustments via Roon’s remote clients all function as expected?

Yes, it does :+1:t2: forgot to mention that.