ARC cannot connect anymore on Version 1.0.10 [Roon Team investigating]

Hi all,

up until this morning my ARC setup worked flawlessly. The app on my iPhone connected quickly and without any hiccups. This morning it sopped and my app cannot connect to my Core anymore. I did update the app yesterday to version 1.0.10 so this might be connected to the issue.

I have disconnected the app from the Core, uninstalled the app multiple times also but to no avail. ARC finds my core as per the image below but will not connect. The ARC setup on my Mac also shows that the Core is available outside of my home network. Nothing has changed there.

These are the current versions installed on all devices:

iPhone with iOS 16.3 running ROON ARC Version 1.0.10
ROON CORE on ROCK 1.0 (256)

Thanks for any help in advance.

There’s a service issue somewhere in Roon’s cloud infrastructure I think. Lots of reports of ARC not working from multiple parts of the world at the moment.

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick response Geoff. Is there a service status page somewhere that shows that kind of info? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately not at the moment, although I believe that the possibility is something that the Roonies have discussed

2 Likes

Same issue here. Bad connection since the update yesterday. Couldn’t try the Android function yet. Patience i think!!!

Hi! Sorry for the trouble there seems to be an infrastructural problem. Our dev team is investigating it at the moment. I hope they will find a solution for it soon.

I moved this thread to #support so that other people who come across this issue will notice that thread.

–
Ivan

4 Likes

Description of Issue

I’ve been using Roon ARC on my Nothing Phone 1 for a while now, however today I’ve encountered a problem. ARC is “ready” on my Roon Core, so the port forwarding is working perfectly, but despite the fact that my phone can find the Core, it can’t connect to it. I press connect and it sits there loading without actually connecting. The curious thing is that when I attempted to connect with my older phone, a Samsung Galaxy S10, on the same network, it worked out just fine. That leads me to believe it’s a phone issue rather than a network one but I just can’t figure out what it is.

I’ve reset the router and pressed forget on my phone, so that it could reconnect to the network but nothing has worked thus far.

Same problem on both a Samsung Note 22 Ultra and a Samsung Tablet. Both worked fine before the latest update. Tried logging out; but then it will not log back in. Roon core ARC test shows no problems. So frustrating!!!

There seems to be a service issue in Roon’s cloud infrastructure for ARC at the moment. There are lots of reports of “Poor connection” or “ARC not working” on the forum today.

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

Intel Celeron Jasper Lake 4x 2.9GHz
16GB RAM
512 nvme + 500GB Crucial SSD
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Linksys Hydra 6. No VPN.

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon ARC can’t connect to Core which is up and running as I have remote access to it.

Message I am getting is "Something went wrong*.
It happened like an hour ago UK time.

Today, I encountered the same problem.
Roon remote is working perfectly, and Roon Core is also working well.
But when I updated Roon program on PC and ARC app with the latest version today, and turned on Roon ARC app on Android phone, the message in the bottom of the screen says “Something went wrong”!
and another message “Poor connection” message pops up later.
I uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app.
When I logged in, it keeps searching for Roon Core, failing to connect with Core.

Same here - I am on the road today, no Arc connection to core possible. My wife at home checked the core, it’s up and running. Uninstalled the Arc app, logged in - still no connection possible.

Yep, ARC stopped working for me too. Iam in Australia, all up to date

It was alright even after the update here. Stopped working in the middle of listening to be honest.

All software was updated yesterday on my side.

Hi,
From this morning, and with last update
Roon ARC can’t connect to Core which is up and running as I have remote access to it.

regards
Christophe

Hi,

Similar issues here. Roon ARC can’t connect to core anymore, even when both are on the same network.
Alle apps and core are updated and restarted.

Thomas

since this morning, Idem!!!

I’m having the same issue and was working perfectly just hours ago. Tried rebooting the core, rebooting phone, reinstalling ARC, with no joy.

Roon Core Machine

Intel Celeron Jasper Lake 4x 2.9GHz
16GB RAM
512 nvme + 500GB Crucial SSD
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Linksys Hydra 6. No VPN.

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Message I am getting is "Something went wrong*.
It happened like an hour ago UK time.