Networking Gear & Setup Details

D-Link Switch, Ubiquiti Wifi Access Point

Connected Audio Devices

Raspberry pi, ethernet cable, ifZen DAC v2 USB
iPhone, wifi and mobile

Number of Tracks in Library

50 local tracks, rest TIDAL

Description of Issue

Roon ARC does not sync my playlists. It syncs everything else, but when I click the books icon and then Playlists it only has a button to create a new one. If I create a new playlist on the Roon app, the new one syncs to ARC, but If I then edit that one, it does not sync again. So everything that already exists does not sync but everything that is created does sync once. Looking at the Roon Server logs, I can see that it says that it synced the playlists and on a blank phone it says:

09/23 00:18:09 Trace: [library/mobilesync] syncing playlists…
09/23 00:18:09 Trace: [library/mobilesync] 21 added, 0 updated, 0 removed

Nothing shows up on the phone.

Thereafter when i sync again, it says 0 added, 0 updated, 0 removed.

I have a similar problem. I loaded the ARC app on my phone and can see all of the playlists that existed when I installed ARC but none of the playlists i have created on ROON since sync with ARC.

So it seems Roon does have one great flaw… Zero support if something goes wrong.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay - the Support team have a long queue of issues to address following the release of Roon 2.0.

There was a fix for Playlist syncing in ARC 1.0.2. Has this resolved your issue?

I see I am still under ARC 1.0
How can I upgrade to 1.0.2 ? I can’t fine where I can update in ARC.

Thanks

Got to the AppStore and update it from there if you don’t have your AppStore auto update on. Same as Roon remote in this regard phone apps cannot be updated from software they have to come from the AppStore.

1 Like

Thanks very much !

I am on 1.0.23 on ios and still no playlists.

On Roon itself:

OK, then best wait for Support to pull some logs to see what’s going on with your setup. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for you reply. It is not an inconvenience at all, Roon (pre-ARC) is still the best audio software out there and RoonARC is supposed to complete the one missing thing, which is mobile access to your music.

My comment above is a matter of principle. If you pay for something, you expect it to work and if not, for someone to assist you to make it work. This particular issue is not a big one for me, but tomorrow something else might break that is a big issue. I paid for a year subscription and expect to have working software for a year.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.