The team has been hard at work on a number of fixes since the launch of Roon 2.0 and ARC.
Earlier this year the service that Roon used to display local concert data went through a number of changes which required Roon to disable the feature for some time. Since then we’ve been working with the data provider on a new service and are pleased to announce the return of Concerts data in Roon. This release focuses on replacing the functionality which was lost, but future releases will bring some refinements as well as new features.
We are very excited to be rolling out an offline mode for ARC which can be enabled via Settings. When engaged, ARC will neither send nor receive any data and you will be able to listen to any downloaded content.
We have also addressed a few issues surrounding Roon Radio and media transcoding failures in ARC. Furthermore, we have adjusted the port forwarding diagnostics page and no longer display public IP addresses.
A complete list of changes is available below.
Thank you for your continued support,
The Team at Roon Labs
|Roon / RoonServer||2.0 (build 1133) production|
|Roon ARC||1.0 (build 59) production|
|Roon Remote (Android / iOS)||2.0 (build 1133) production|
- Reinstated the Concerts widget
- Resolved an issue where scroll position was shared among playlists
- Resolved an issue which could cause Sonos devices to disappear from the Audio tab in Roon
- Resolved an issue where Popular tracks section wouldn’t update properly after disabling source of media
- Obscured public IP addresses in ARC port forwarding diagnostics message
- Resolved an issue where certain non-ascii symbols and characters weren’t rendered properly
- Resolved an issue which prevented ARC port forwarding setup from using NAT-PMP with port numbers above 32768
- Resolved an issue where audio analysis would run again for previously analyzed tracks
- Resolved an issue where Roon UI could hang on Windows/MacOS
- Introduced Offline mode
- Resolved an issue where “Download started” message does not appear in certain cases
- Prevent downloads when wifi is required but not available
- Playlists automatically check for and download recently added items
- Resolved an issue where black screen might appear during ARC startup
Remove from Librarybutton in the context menu
- Resolved an issue where the “Around the Web” widget was empty
- Resolved an issue where media transcoding would fail in certain cases
- Resolved an issue where Roon Radio would not start for certain content
Downloadedfilter to the Tracks browser
- Resolved an issue where it was possible to enter a Nothing Playing state by skipping the next immediately queued Roon Radio track
- Resolved an issue where Signal path info did not get updated during track transition
- Removed “Delete all downloads” link from Settings when there are no downloads
- Several minor fixes and enhancements