ARC Timeout with Xfinity Modem + Deco Mesh Network

Roon Core Machine

Max Mini M1 Core

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Xfinity Modem connected to a wireless mesh (deco)

Connected Audio Devices

Connected via Ethernet from modem to Mac

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I cannot get auto config to work for Roon ARC. I’ve tried everything including crating a manual port forwarding rule. Putting my modem in Bridge Mode killed my wireless mesh. The diagnostic data is a simple: Port configuration and verification timed out after 00:02:00

I am at my wits end here. Works fine when connected to my wireless mesh but not outside the house.

Charles, do you have port forwarding configured on both the Xfinity router and your TP-Link Deco router? I would first leave the Xfinity router and Deco router in their current mode and try port forwarding on both devices, or alternatively, leave the Xfinity router as-is with a port forwarding rule and configure your Deco mesh in bridge mode.

Didn’t work. Here’s the message. It really shouldn’t be this hard, Roon. Really.

{
"connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":504,"error":"error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined"},
"external_ip": {"actual_external_ip":"71.231.x.x","router_external_ip":null},
"natpmp_autoconfig": {"status":"NotFound"},
"upnp_autoconfig": {"status":"NotFound"}
}

Is the Mac Mini connected to your network using Wi-Fi?

No it is wired.

• I changed it to wireless and got this

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“71.231.115.121”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

It would be great if Roon had a real time support operation. Anyone know if there’s a phone or chat option?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Charles_Gregg,

Just to confirm, once you’ve tried creating a manual port forwarding rule (pointing to the Core’s IP/port assignment) in both routers, have you tried configuring the Deco mesh network in Access mode? Other users have found this solved their issue, albeit with different ISP-provided gateways: ARC with BT Smart hub 2 and DECO Mesh wifi

The mesh is going to automatically create its own subnet when functioning as a router. Routine
diagnostics from your account show two active subnets on most devices. I suspect there’s a double layer of NAT in your setup if the Core is communicating through two routers to reach upstream servers.

I’d take these additional steps, just in case:

1. Disable IPv6 on both routers, if it’s prioritized.
  2. Disable any consumer VPNs you might be using

We’ve prioritized this thread for a rapid response, as your wait time has been obviously unacceptable.

1 Like

Hi @Charles_Gregg,

I wanted to reach back out as it’s been some time. Have you been able to successfully configure ARC with your Xfinity modem? We’ll be on standby for your response. Thank you!

A post was merged into an existing topic: I have the same problem / I have the same issue