Arcam ST60 Roon Ready Not certified [resolved: it is now]

I made a few more tests and without DSP „speaker configuration“ now Roon shows the MQA renderer of the ST60

1 Like

Spotify used to work via AirPlay and Chromecast before. Now, after the latest firmware update it works via Spotify Connect, same for TIDAL which now works with TIDAL Connect. I did check and both protocols work just fine. I only use my ST60 with Roon so Spotify Connect and TIDAL Connect have no interest for me, however, I know others were expecting these updates so for the sake of others they are welcome :slight_smile:

Hey Nicholas, before this update tidal and Spotify are used with the Arcam musiclife app, but with a bad usability (not all functions from the native apps).
Another way was to stream the music from tablet/smartphone by upnp or chromecast or airplay.
Now you can use the native apps to control the streamer (Spotify connect, tidal connect) and the streamer use his integrated apps an his own internet connection to play the music.

@Enrico_Castagnetti you are a bit faster than me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Maddin,

Thanks for the update, esp. the signal path where I can see the ST60 is now reporting MQA-Renderer.
That’s something I’ve learnt here.

Any idea what is different this time?

I deactivated the speaker configuration.
Only convolution filters are now activated.

Thanks @Maddin and @Enrico_Castagnetti … I’m glad I asked as I thought that was what it already did, probably because the Arcam AVR we borrowed from a dealer a while back already had Spotify Connect.
Anyway I am already impressed with Roon on the Chromecast so I am sure a better streamer will be well worth investigating. Cheers.

Hey Nicholas, what AVR you mean?
Only the AVR 5/10/20/30/40 has Spotify connect and all of them are also Roon Ready.
Do you want to add the ST60 to another amplifier?

I will be adding the ST60 or a similar streamer to use with our existing AVR 450 which doesn’t have Spotify Connect.

However the AVR we had briefly on loan was from a previous series to the one you mention, I think it was an 850 or similar, and that was claimed to have it, see Arcam - AVR850(Discontinued) - AV Receiver — and as far as I recall it did i.e. we connected using Spotify connect rather than inbuilt Chromecast. Hope that’s clearer.

Oh, very interesting that this old AVR had this feature and the new line get it first with an update 2 years after release.
But Arcam is not the best company regarding software but the sound is awesome.
I added the ST 60 to an old AVR 750 :wink:

I hope my just ordered AV41 have the Roon Ready certificate as announced, so that I can use my old combo in another room. But as I know Roon, they must certify each AVR itself although it’s only a hdmi Update of the AV40.
And then the same odyssey as with my ST60 will start again :upside_down_face: