Arcam ST60 Roon Ready Not certified [resolved: it is now]

Currently after upgrade:

Version 0.69
Display version 0.69
Images version 1.08
Network version 1164

1 Like

Thanks for posting it. Looks the same as mine!!

A post was split to a new topic: ST60 Iā€™m curious about how it would perform without Roon

My device sw versuon is 0.69 but on the Arcam website is 0.71. what is the latest version?
Thank you.

That is a new firmware posted today by ARCAM and itā€™s a newest version than the one we have currently (V0.69). Iā€™m updating my ST60 right now.

Update working great

Update went smooth and everything is working great!!

Sound awesome with my ST60,Moon Neo 250i,S.F Sonetto ii and Roon.

Hi. Does anyone have 813 firmware file to share, please ?

May I ask why you need V813? V813 was buggy. V1201, which is the latest is rock solid and have zero glitches.

I managed to make 1201 firmware update and now everything works flawless. Was asking for 813 as first flash attempt didnā€™t work out as expected.

1 Like

could someone tell me how to configure the ST60?
Decoder-Renderer
Only Decoder
Only Renderer
I donā€™t know how it will sound better or what this is for.
Thank you.

When no DSP is activated then the Arcam shows MQA or MQA Studio in the display.
With DSP itā€™s always RoonReady with the samplerate of the first unfold of Roon, but I hope in the background it will do the second unfold

And without DSP:

Thatā€™s exactly the way I have mine setup. Also, if you guys donā€™t know yet, but there is a firmware update for the ST60. I think it was released last month. TIDAL and Spotify Connect functionality was added.

I mean this:

seems to sound better.
Everything is heard clearer and sharper.
Someone has tried?

Interested in this because I plan to add a proper streamer at some point on our main system (currently Arcam AVR and Chromecast) and it will need to do Spotify as well. I assume this means that Spoitfy Connect now works as it would with e.g. Chromecast and sends signal directly to ST60. How did Spotify work before this update ?

With DSP you need it set as renderer only and Roons MQA decoder should do that first part and maintain MQA signalling.

Hi @CrystalGipsy,

One could but only if one wishes to force Roon to always perform the MQA decode.

When a Roon zone is setup for an endpoint that supports MQA Decoding and Rendering ā€¦ Roon is smart and knows when to engage its MQA decoding dependent on if DSP is in use or not.

The signal paths that @Maddin has posted demonstrate this, and all looks well.

I donā€™t see the MQA Rendering in the Arcam show up though in his example with DSP, it should still show up should it not?

Hi @CrystalGipsy,

Roon Ready MQA DACs that can decode MQA report that back to Roon, but I donā€™t believe that is the case when they only perform rendering ā€¦ I canā€™t recall a DAC reporting back to Roon that it is performing MQA rendering.

Iā€™ll have trawal in the Show us your signal path to see if there are any examples. Perhase others can confirm or otherwise ā€¦ happy to be corrected on this (I may have just missed them).

Reported or not by the DAC, Roon is doing the right thing, supplying the DAC with either:

• The raw MQA signal (No DSP, DAC supports MQA decoding)
  • The decoded MQA signal (DAC does not support MQA decoding)
  • The decoded, DSPed and preserved MQA signaling (DAC supports MQA rendering)
  • The decoded, DSPed (DAC does not support MQA rendering)

ā€¦ after that itā€™s all down to the DACs capabilities.