Arcam ST60 Roon Ready Not certified [resolved: it is now]

Hi All,

I manage the partner programs here at Roon.

We are waiting on new firmware from Arcam, my understanding is that they have one prepared to send soon for testing.

3 Likes

Hello Rob,

Thanks for update. When I received my unit 30/11/2020 there was a letter in the box from Arcam saying the box had been opened to make a change for optimum listening quality.
I contacted Arcam to ask what was done and was told it was a firmware upgrade but thatā€™s all I know.

Mark

Hi Rob, thanks for this update!
Mark, same with my unit, it was delivered with firmware 0.51 that is now also available at the Arcam homepage.

Martin

Hi guys. My Bluesound Node 2 died today so went to Best Buy and ordered the ARCAM ST60 mostly because they sold it me as Roon certified end point. Now Iā€™m reading this thread to find out that it was just a lie. Mine should arrive by Jan 23rd so there are any news about the Roon certification for the ST60? I guess in the meantime I can use it with the ARCAM app but the whole point is to use it with Roon.

There is no status from us. Iā€™d return it. Lifeā€™s too short to wait for the future of any product.

Hi Rob
Any new info on the new firmware?

Hello Klas,

The latest I got from Arcam was this.

I can see in the development tracker some Roon certification points to be worked on, and these are in progress, so once those are finished, certification should complete.

Mark

1 Like

Hello Martin,

I have posted the latest info from Arcam.

Mark

Got my Arcam ST60 today. It sounds AMAZING with the MusicLife app and TIDAL HiFi MQA. The MusicLife app is OK but most definitely not even close to Roon. This streamer is a keeper for me even without the Roon certification. I really hope its get it ASAP so I can use Roon and enjoy all the capabilities of this great streamer.

Any news on that?

Unfortunately, no

1 Like

Was playing music today with Roon into my Arcam ST60 via Airplay and it sounds great. Canā€™t wait for it to get the Roon Certification so I can stream directly to the ST60. Come on Roon, hurry up with the certification!!

1 Like

Any News on the progress? Arcam tel me you have daily contact but no straight answear.

Last I heard from ARCAM, they said that with the on coming new firmware, the ST60 should be Roon Ready. I guess with Roon 1.8 launch this week, certifications are not priority for Roon Labs so it may take a few more weeks until the ST60 gets the certification. Meanwhile, it sounds amazing via AirPlay running Roon 1.8.

Been saying Soon since i picked it up in December.

Any update from anyone?

Yeah, exactly that was the question I wrote today to the support of Arcam. Still waiting for an answer.

I wrote to Arcam 2 days ago too and havenā€™t get a response yet :frowning:

Following, as I want the ST60 :frowning:

Yes me neither, I previously had an SA30 which worked fine, maybe pre all this, I upgraded to an ST60 to get a nicer screen in my main listening room and now I get this. Really not sure whoā€™s issue this is, I presume Arcam are struggling to keep up with Roonā€™s changes and so Roon have blocked this. Either way no part of that is my fault or of my doing as a customer, yet Iā€™m the main one effectively being penalized. Iā€™m starting to get more and more frustrated with this platform, I pay a non trivial amount to have a subscription that I often struggle to make full use of through what I see as no fault of my own. The main reason I changed from the SA30 to the ST60 was because I want a nice colour display I can read and I canā€™t seem to get my Google Hub to act as a display for any longer than 30 seconds, again something that Iā€™ve spent much time and effort on and again not sure whoā€™s fault that is, but I read that is also Roon, itā€™s definitely again not me. Whoā€™s the customer here and whereā€™s the customer service?