Arcam ST60 Roon Ready Not certified [resolved: it is now]

Yes, it’s really getting frustrating. The ST60 has been in possession of Roon Labs for a long time already so at this point I have no idea who’s fault is. Either Arcam hasn’t made the corrections to the firmware as recommended by Roon or Roon hasn’t checked the latest firmware and lifted the ban. I do use my ST60 with Roon via AirPlay and it works perfectly. Of course, via Airplay the ST60 is limited to 44.1KHz and 16bits. Would I recommend the ST60 in its current state? Yes if you plan to use it without Roon and use mConnect HD app which also works perfectly with the ST60 and you get full resolution and MQA via TIDAL.

What can I say…I already ordered the ST60
:frowning:

Not that many posts up, the Roon Labs COO recommends returning it… that has to mean something.

2 Likes

The answer from the Arcam support from today is, that there are no news for public, and when there are news, they will be communicated via a software update…
So we have to be patient… I’m waiting since mid of December.
But for those who are undecided: the Arcam works with Roon through Airplay and Chromecast - and the sound is very good :slight_smile:

1 Like

I admit this makes me very concerned

Problem is that’s not always possible and also I sold my previous working solution to get the ST60…

Certification is a two way process, doesn’t matter how long Roon have it if there are issues they flag then Arcam have to fix them and submit new code. They are not at liberty to discuss due to their agreements with manufacturers.

Arcam advertised and released a product with unfinished code, noone else to blame here but them, all manufacturers new about devices not being authorised to work with non certified code 18 months ago yet here we are.

Changes to Roons Core such as 1.8 don’t affect certification this as the RAAT SDK is seperate and not tied to the server side many manufacturers have older versions in their products and it still works fine.

1 Like

Also, even when Roon gets a firmware update for the ST60 does not necessarily mean that the ST60 will get certified. That will depend if the FW update fixes all issues preventing certification or not. If it doesn’t, then Roon will tell Arcam what issues remain, and it’s then up to Arcam to fix them with another FW update.

But I hope when they will release an update for public then the Roon certification is in it. The big question is, when this will be… Easter? Christmas?

Please post updates here, if any…

3 Likes

Just had an email conversation with an ARCAM/Harman field Engineer and he said that the ball is on Roon’s court right now. ARCAM is just waiting for Roon to approve the ST60 Roon Ready certification. Here are his last 2 emails:

I’m ready to pull the trigger as soon as it’s approved by Roon.

I just ordered a Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 which is Roon Ready since Jan 2021. If I get the same SQ as the ST60, I maybe able to return it to my dealer or put it for sale.

1 Like

If Arcam are waiting for roon why don´t they give us the update? Would be nice with a working screen for example. I can include the spec that made me buy the st60 where it says RoonReady. Don´t get me wrong i love both roon and the st60 but want the machine i paid for.If i look at roon certification process it say´s a couple of weeks, i picked up my st60 in the middle of December.

4 Likes

It seems that Arcam keep submitting things to Roon that they think are done and they fail certification. This has been going on on the SA30 for ages. Looks at threads like this (where some people were grandfathered with their SA30s before the Roon Ready cut off date last year) to see some of the poor quality things they have done and are still not working properly.

Arcam SA30 Roon Ready support - Audio Products - Roon Labs Community

Let’s hope they are there this time on the ST60 and the SA30. However don’t hold your breath.

Not holding my breath at all and for that reason I ordered the Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3. If by April 8th the ST60 is not Roon Ready Certified yet, I will return it in exchange for store credit. Then when it gets the certification I will buy it again.

1 Like

After talking to my dealer, I decided to order with him (Magnolia AV) a Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra + Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital. As soon it arrives (2 to 4 weeks) I will return the ST60. Life is too short to wasted it waiting for ARCAM to make the ST60 Room Ready. Now I will have the Pro-Ject combo and the Matrix Audio mini-i Pro 3 to compare and the looser goes to the bedroom :slight_smile:

I sure hope Roon and Arcam aren’t sitting around thinking the other is supposed to be doing something and are communicating with each other.

Come on, let’s get this certified!

1 Like

I have Zero hopes. I already ordered a Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 and Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital + Stream Box S2 Ultra. The ARCAM ST60 is going back to my dealer as soon the Pro-Ject boxes arrive next week. Life is too short to wasted it playing the merry go round game with ARCAM/ROON… Thanks God my dealer gave me 90 days return period for an exchange + store credit.

Here is the latest response from ARCAM regarding the ST60 Roon Ready certification:

Looks like the ST60 Roon Ready Certification is not going to happen any time soon, if ever. Now I feel much better returning my ST60 to my dealer in exchange for the Pro-Ject S2 Combo.