Arcam ST60 Roon Ready Not certified [resolved: it is now]

The ST60 does not render/decode MQA via Digital (Opt/Coax) inputs. It only decodes/render via NET (DLNA) input or via Streaming with mConnect app, Music Life app and Roon (when it gets the Roon Ready Certification).

Thanks. Good to know. Hopefully it all becomes moot soon.

All the NADs got their certification, same for AudioControl, JBL and ARCAM receivers and pre pro. I hope the ST60 is next in line. I love the ST60 sound but I need it to be Roon Ready to get all I can out of it :wink: Meanwhile, I haven’t get an update from ARCAM regarding the certification status. Any one have hear back from ARCAM lately?

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

To clear up any remaining confusion: The ARCAM ST-60 is still undergoing certification. We’ve been in contact with ARCAM throughout the process, they’re engaged and working on delivering us a new firmware to test in the near future.

-John

5 Likes

John, thanks for the update. Looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel :wink:

Got an update today from ARCAM and the field engineer said that the new firmware is coming out very soon. Let’s hope everything works as per Roon’s requirements and the ST60 can get finally the Roon Ready Certification.

2 Likes

Anyone have any news on the st60?

This is being delayed excessively.
very happy with the sound but the device needs a software update now !!

1 Like

No updates. ARCAM went silent since 2 weeks ago.

Arcam’s news section has not been updated since November 23!!!

I heard a new one yesturday ”comming soon but no ETA”

I asked for an update this morning and they said: Nothing yet.

Fully agree ref using the Arcam MusicLife app never bothered with it before until today the ST60 sounds superb through it and I think better sounding than through Airplay and I get the full MQA information. Naturally I don’t have the superb Roon interface but then again I am not paying £100 a year.

3 Likes

Hi John

How is the progress with st60 going?

1 Like

Anyone with news about the ST60 Roon Ready certification progress?

1 Like

Too long time waiting

Even that i like roon i think i will stop my subscription until they start to speak to users/customers.

1 Like

Even though Roon isn’t certified to work with the Arcam ST60, does it actually work with it?
If not, any idea when certification will be done? Should I ask Arcam instead?

Welcome to Roon. Search for ST60 and in the 2 threads you will find all your answers.

Cheers John

Hi @Sheridan_Williams,

I’ve merged your topic to here, have a read of the above, as @JTD suggests is should answer your questions. After reading if something is still not clear then post a specific question and we’ll do our best to answer it.