Are PMs Actually Private?

• We are just onlookers in regard to recent MQA developments.

• We do not have an official Roon stance on MQA developments. Like everyone else, we’re waiting to see what will happen.

• I, personally, have taken responsibility for providing unclear directions to Moderators on the handling of MQA discussions. And I apologize for the confusion that caused.

• We have clarified that discussion of MQA developments is allowed. Attacking other members for their opinions on MQA and engaging in toxic conduct that violates Forum Guidelines is not.

2 Likes

So why did you not restore the posts that were blanket deleted, which you realize should have not been?

@Mediahound, you’ve had a single post deleted in 2023, and that was in the following thread.

The post was off topic, and inaccurate. I believe you have now had answers to both your questions about PMs and deleted posts.

1 Like

Now I’m confused. Danny above said:

And you are saying only one of my posts was deleted in 2023. I did not post in that thread yesterday, so…

Why are you confused? Danny made it very clear that you’ve had 30 posts deleted since 2018.

Because he said the most recent deleted post of mine was yesterday and you are saying only one post of mine was deleted in 2023 from the thread you quoted. Yet, I did not post in that thread yesterday.

You are mistaken. You posted in that thread yesterday.

This is an image of the post that was deleted, it was flagged as off-topic along with 4 others.

There where 5 post into total but only 4 posts deleted by mods as the OP of the first off-topic post chose to withdraw his post after it was flagged.

For clarity these were posts in a public topic there were not messages to other users.

That one wasn’t yesterday. That was two days ago. You can even see that in your screenshot.

Hi @Mediahound

I’m just a fellow user here.

You’re in a different time zone to @Carl

Can I just say, this isn’t worth continuing with I’m afraid. I’ve been here too. In the end I saw Danny’s point and felt compelled to apologise to him for my conduct.

Could a line be drawn in the sand now so we can all listen to music and enjoy the forum for what it is meant for.

What music do you love listening to? Who’s your favourite artist?

:+1:

@Mediahound, you’re being a pedantic now. You posted about a day ago.

Thanks for the name-calling. I really appreciate that @jamie

This is the last post of yours that was deleted, note there is some latency between posting date, it being flagged, the flag being actioned and then series of 4 offtopic posts being deleted from the topic.

@Menzies, has a very valid point this is a global forum our perception of yesterday will often not be aligned so we shouldn’t get too hung up about that.

However, this deleted post was in a public topic and nothing to do with you statement that a PM have been deleted. As Danny requested, tell us what was the title of the PM that you say was deleted and the Roon admin will look into it and give response.

Ok, ok, time out gents,

This is starting to resemble a wind-up, this conversation is about to be converted to a message. @Mediahound, we’re now discussing your personal conduct in Community on a thread that was created because you went off-topic in the MQA discussion thread. We’re no longer talking about PMs.

Your deleted post in What MQA are we listening to was off-topic as well. Accordingly, it was deleted along with other off-topic posts. This has been explained. The date, and time stamps of the posts are of secondary concern.

I don’t know, because as I pointed out above, I am unable to see any of my deleted posts/PMs in the Summary area like Jamie said I should be able to, they are just not there.

@Mediahound – please tell me what PM was deleted.

Tell me what was said and with who?

I don’t remember the exact text, it was a PM response to someone who had posted something like ‘what happened with all the MQA news posts’? I just told them that the mods have been removing them. That was literally all I said. EDIT: Well, I may have also said something like, I wish we could talk about it, or something.

Hi @Mediahound, that was not a PM, it was posted in a public topic and is the one I posted the image of above. As stated it was removed for being off-topic.

I’m trying to be as transparent and helpfully as possible here, but your recollection of events does not represent what is recorded in the Discourse logs that I have access to.

12 hours ago, a community member sent you a PM, and you never replied. Something about MQA because it was started from a post in this public topic.

2 days ago: an automated private message was sent to you saying that your message was automatically hidden by the system due to the fact that it was flagged as off-topic. There were no other people in that PM thread and you never replied.

Your previous PM was from 10days ago, and included something about a public post in the for-sale area of the community… something about Forza Audioworks. @AceRimmer replied to that.

The PM from 2 days ago was about the post screenshotted above. Given that the thread was about what MQA content we are listening to, your post was indeed off-topic.

Looking at that screenshot above, that sounds like the post you are talking about. I believe you have misremembered that your post was public and not a PM.

Oh, there is another message you have sent as well – also related to that what-are-we-listening-to-MQA – it was sent to another community user. It got no reply.