Are software updates slowing down?

5 posts were split to a new topic: Favouriting unadded Tidal content

I don’t listen to Metadata. I listen to music. Sorry to say that I don’t give a hoot about metadata issues. I just want to enjoy the music.

1 Like

I find myself somewhere in the middle, I like the Metadata to be accurate but if it isn’t it doesn’t stop me enjoying the music, life is too short to get hung up on details.

3 Likes

No one was poking at you. I was just presenting a different perspective. I love Roon. I am happy with the product warts and all.

For many listeners, metadata is the way that one accesses music. It’s not an add-on or a distraction. For very large collections, metadata is the way that one finds music to create an on-the-fly playlist that matches the mood.

It’s critical to keep a big collection from turning into the equivalent of that closet so tightly packed with junk that you’d rather buy a new thing rather than look into the closet where you know the old thing is.

3 Likes

Maybe we see metadata differently. I see metadata as the information that accompanies the album not the title itself. But I guess it is. When I rip an album from CD I often encounter mistakes. I correct them on the fly and my collection of over 3000 albums is pretty tight.

metadata is one Roons big differentiators. virtually all players play high quality music so why pick Roon?

for the richness of the experience , provided to a large extent by metadata

my 2 penneth

mike

2 Likes

Whilst I agree with you, Mike, there are several key reasons to choose Roon

Rich meta data
Hardware integration
Networking
Integration of local files with Tidal

Any combo of these can be a draw to customers.

Im quite keen on all of them myself :slight_smile:

But now (as the hardware and netorking side becomes ever more comprehensive) it’s becoming more and more of an issue regarding the metadata problems and clumsy way in which data can be edited within Roon. Hoping that Roon has some good news regarding UX and metadata updates soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was trying to pint out stuff that Roon does that others don’t

Most players do the stuff you list , maybe Tidal ?, but the metadata stuff shines out

Mike

1 Like

What’s the point in payout out the not insubstantial amount for Roon if you’re not interested in the metadata? That’s one of its main selling points!

Im not sure they do? Integrate tidal albums alongside local files and offer easy networking? I’m interested to know which do. Seriously.

My main wished for item for Roon, alongside the nagging holes in data handling is a proper mobile app which will allow Tidal (+offline play) and will play local files on the device.