Nuc RoonRock

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Modem router, Netgear Switch and APs.

Connected Audio Devices

RapPi Streamers, Sonos etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

10,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Info used have artist and album descriptions. It doesn’t show that anymore.

A few months ago, Wikipedia was added as an additional source for reviews and biographies. When this happened, some people reported that all of the reviews and bios had gone just like for you. Invariably, it was then found that they had updated the Core but not the remotes.

Therefore, I’d check that everything is up to date. The Core version as well as Windows/macOS version should now be 2.0 (build 1234), and the Android/iOS remotes should be 2.0 (build 1219).

Keep in mind that Android/iOS must be updated from the respective app stores, so ensure that they did by checking there.

You can then configure your preferences as explained here, in case you haven’t done this before.

Let us know if this does not help

1 Like

All systems are up to date. I don’t have a sub menu editorial services.

[removed image with personal account details] - jamie

Don’t have a solution. But edit your post by blurring your email address.

You probably don’t have the Editorial sources menu because most likely the remote is NOT up to date. Because if it was, you would have this setting, like the green mark here:

(The one I edited out in white is to avoid confusion because it’s one that you wouldn’t have - I am using earlyaccess versions)

And your screenshot doesn’t show versions, so I can’t tell what you have. What does Settings > About show for “This Phone” and for the Core? For me it’s build 1237 for both, again because I’m on earlyaccess. For you it should be either build 1219 for phone and 1234 for Core if you are up to date. Or, if you already have the update that was released 30 minutes ago today, it would be 1242 for phone and 1244 for Core

This is what I’m showing. I just did the last update.

And your problem is right there, it should be build 1219 at least.

Note that phone apps update not through Roon directly but through the Google Play store or the Apple App Store on the phone, like any other phone app. So clicking “update all” in Roon > Settings > About only updates your Core and Windows/macOS apps.

As it looks like you are using an iPhone, go to the Apple App Store on the phone and trigger the update there, just like any other phone app. The store is set to auto-update by default, so normally you wouldn’t have to do anything. But maybe you turned off auto-updates for the whole store or for the individual Roon app. (At least on Android one can turn off auto-updates per app, not sure about iOS).

Search for “Roon Remote” on the store and you will get the entry for the app and an update button most likely.

After updating the phone app you should have at least 1219, as today’s update to build 1242 is most likely not yet available - it usually takes a day or so until the phone app updates are released by Apple (and Google on Android)

1 Like

That worked. Thanks much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.