Artist Equivalence Issues

as said in the description, this is an a.k.a of Cooper-Moore.
the page for this last one though is just

no indication that they are the same, and different description.

actually, i think that it should be only cooper-moore:

besides, they are both incomplete: he is member also of the trio Apogee (with david s. ware and Marc Edwards) and of the Untempered Ensemble.

Hi,

I think “Collegium Vocale” should be renamed to “Collegium Vocale Gent”. The ensemble is called this way on all CD covers I know, it’s called that way on their own hompeage and even on the embedded concert recommendations by songkick.com (see screenshot below)

Official Homepage:

Thanks,

Hey @papa.jay,

For this particular case, I believe an edit to the name directly in your library is going to be the best option. Rather than being a case of this artist being misidentified as another artist with a similar name, this is an instance where different metadata providers are providing different names for the same artists.

Thanks for the report!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Bad album artist - Leafcutter John / Resurrection

Sometimes I find it’s a rogue tag in the files own metadata which is causing this sort of error, worth a quick check if you haven’t looked.

A post was split to a new topic: Confused artists - (The) Lost and Found

A post was split to a new topic: Composer confusion - Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love

A post was split to a new topic: Bee Gees Odessa album has a banjo player called “Eric Weissenberg"

double Paolo Costa:
italian bass player

and italian countertenor

they have been completely mixed in my library, where there are 2 Paolo Costa:

and

the jordi savall albums should credit the countertenor, all the others the bass player.

is not

@support, all but one of my albums relating to the 2nd artist are appearing under the first. Is there a way to make the correct assignment to all albums at once?

@support, I’ve assigned the correct artist, but how do I now get rid of the incorrect artist association? Selecting all albums, choosing edit and removing the incorrect Karma association then saving changes does not make any difference…the incorrect association persists.

@Niccolo_Terzi Edit made for Misia.

@Niccolo_Terzi Edit made for Cooper Moore.

@joel, any tips?

@evand The equivalence is a mess because all of the metadata providers have made a right hash of assigning the correct artists. This one will take some time, I’m afraid.

2 Likes

@joel welcome back

Just added this album from TIDAL, because Roon thinks that the artist is the Enigma founded by Michael Cretu:

Certainly doesn’t sound like his Enigma, so I suspect it is one of the other Enigmas. Question is, which one?

in some of the tracks of the album roon credits Giovanni Ferretti

but this is wrong. he is mixed with the correct one Giovanni Lindo Ferretti

the same happens in other albums by C.S.I. (Consorzio Suonatori Indipendenti)

Hi @joel

It is more than a month and I still have the wrong Maxim, is anything I need to do on my side?
thanks
M