Artist Equivalence Issues

already asked for correction

mogol is one person:

audio 2 is a band:

nothing to do one with the other

here, completely wrong Misia

but she is not the japanese singer, but the portuguese one!
https://www.discogs.com/artist/1478270-Mísia

A post was split to a new topic: Artist issue - Stratos

as said in the description, this is an a.k.a of Cooper-Moore.
the page for this last one though is just

no indication that they are the same, and different description.

actually, i think that it should be only cooper-moore:

besides, they are both incomplete: he is member also of the trio Apogee (with david s. ware and Marc Edwards) and of the Untempered Ensemble.

Hi,

I think “Collegium Vocale” should be renamed to “Collegium Vocale Gent”. The ensemble is called this way on all CD covers I know, it’s called that way on their own hompeage and even on the embedded concert recommendations by songkick.com (see screenshot below)

Official Homepage:

Thanks,

Hey @papa.jay,

For this particular case, I believe an edit to the name directly in your library is going to be the best option. Rather than being a case of this artist being misidentified as another artist with a similar name, this is an instance where different metadata providers are providing different names for the same artists.

Thanks for the report!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Bad album artist - Leafcutter John / Resurrection

Sometimes I find it’s a rogue tag in the files own metadata which is causing this sort of error, worth a quick check if you haven’t looked.

A post was split to a new topic: Confused artists - (The) Lost and Found

A post was split to a new topic: Composer confusion - Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love

A post was split to a new topic: Bee Gees Odessa album has a banjo player called “Eric Weissenberg"

double Paolo Costa:
italian bass player

and italian countertenor

they have been completely mixed in my library, where there are 2 Paolo Costa:

and

the jordi savall albums should credit the countertenor, all the others the bass player.

is not

@support, all but one of my albums relating to the 2nd artist are appearing under the first. Is there a way to make the correct assignment to all albums at once?

@support, I’ve assigned the correct artist, but how do I now get rid of the incorrect artist association? Selecting all albums, choosing edit and removing the incorrect Karma association then saving changes does not make any difference…the incorrect association persists.

@Niccolo_Terzi Edit made for Misia.

@Niccolo_Terzi Edit made for Cooper Moore.

@joel, any tips?

@evand The equivalence is a mess because all of the metadata providers have made a right hash of assigning the correct artists. This one will take some time, I’m afraid.

2 Likes

@joel welcome back