Artist Equivalence Issues

British band Grand National had 2 or 3 albums in the 00’s, but disbanded 2007ish. Their profile has additional tidal albums associated with it for a more recent band of the same name:

Nick

A post was split to a new topic: K-Passa confusion

Hi,
I own an album called “Demons & Lovers” from a band called “The Iron Horse”. The album is identified in Roon but linked to a band “Iron Horse”.

According to allmusic.com website the correct Iron Horse band should be this one: https://www.allmusic.com/artist/iron-horse-mn0000067656 - although only the albums with a yellow marker in the screenshot below are from that particular band.

The rest of the albums is performed by other bands called “Iron Horse”.

@papa.jay Edit made for Iron Horse.

John Paul “Bucky” Pizzarelli looks uncannily like his son, John Paul Pizzarelli, Jr:

The two have worked together a lot so it’s quite tricky to piece together which credits are correct in Roon and which are confused by their names.

Hi @dpstjp. An equivalence edit for these two was made quite some time ago and current metadata has different images for both of these. It looks like you simply have the old images. Unfortunately though, you’ll have to update the image for Pizzarelli Snr. manually.

There are a couple of images here.

1 Like

This Thomas Kelly, Member of REO Speedwagon, obviously couldn’t be the one that was born 1769 and died 1855.

Hi @BlackJack Thanks for the report. Edit made for Tom / Thomas Kelly.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Dave vs. David Gahan

The bio page for St Vincent is showing ‘aka Grimes’ which is not true and not sure where this would have come from. There is a separate artist in my library called Grimes

A post was split to a new topic: Don Cherry & Ed Blackwell issue

I know nothing about the band ‘East’ other than this blurb:

… but I question whether the picture is theirs. Isn’t that Clapton on the left? And I count seven band members in the pic; blurb says five.

@Stampie Thanks for the report. This is bad metadata coming from one of our providers. However, in this case, rather than request that they correct it, we’ve identified a way of filtering out this type of bad link generically. This code is currently under test and we will release it as soon as we can.

@Niccolo_Terzi Edit made for Ed Blackwell. I’ve also split your post into a new thread, because I’m not quite sure what the problem is.

@John_V An edit needs to be made here, but I also spotted some bad credits in an album by the Japanese band and have asked for these to be corrected. Once this happens, I’ll see exactly what else needs to be done edit-wise.

The album “Residue” is linked to the wrong Hefner. The correct one is is the guy with real name Lee Jones.

BTW, thanks for keeping working on resolving these issues :+1:

Thanks for the report @Jaundka. I’ve made an edit for Hefner which should be reflected in your library within a week.

Hi @John_V. Following a correction to the Japanese band’s eponymous release, things are a little clearer and I’ve been able to make the edit. As usual, this will take up to a week to be pulled into your library (except artwork, which may need a manual edit).

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Artist issue - Michael Collins

as far as i can see… the problems with craig ross, bill nelson, bob thompson are still there.