Artist Equivalence Issues

Thanks @Curt_Wilson. Edit made.

Thanks Joel. Just discovered another, a band called Affinity. The artist description is for a '90s jazz group but the artist of interest is a '70s prog rock band.

Thanks. Edit made!

Thanks Joel. Could you point me in the right direction? I have come across a couple of artists who are not in the Roon database. Is there a way to verify this? Is there a way to get the data into the Roon database?

If you can find them in allmusic or Musicbrainz, then we should have them. At this time, there’s no easy way to add new artists other than submitting them yourself to Musicbrainz; that will change in the future, but we’re putting no timescales on it.

Thanks for the info Joel.
Here’s another artist mixup, Andromeda, '90s Swedish heavy metal vs. '60s prog. I think there is a third band from Germany.

Edit made.

Another - Beau 2000s duo vs 1969 solo

Boxer a '90s Boston band vs a '70s English band

Edits made for Beau and Boxer.

Charlie McCoy, Nashville session harmonica player is confused with Charlie McCoy, the Mississippi country blues man.

Edit made.

@joel,

I have two John Williams. One links fine but I have a mysterious second John Williams as well.

@dpstjp You probably just want to merge those two artists locally.

Something seems to have gone awry: the correction is not reflected in my library. The female pianist still has the male saxophonist’s bio.

Looks like Rovi only has the saxophonist and all the piano albums are attributed to him.

@joel I see now there is a Charles R. ‘Charley’ McCoy w/o bio. for the country harmonica player, but many of his credits are still listed as Charlie McCoy including 11 main listings on Tidal and these recordings are still linked to the country blues man Charlie McCoy. In cases with different names for the same artist I have used the artist merge feature, but with the artist equivalence issue here I fear it would make things worse. Any suggestions?

Thanks again. I am really pleased that you work on these issues and realize sometimes it’s difficult to sort them out.

circus - early '70s band featuring Mel Collins vs 2012 French band

I think this has been mentioned before as I remember it. It’s a horrible merging of a lot of similarly named artists and it’s not obvious which is which. I’ll take another look when I have some time.

LFO have a clash with LFO, probably doesn’t help that they are both abbreviations.