Artist Equivalence Issues

@Kevin_Hughes Edit made for LFO. Thanks.

@Andrea_Tacchetti @Curt_Wilson

I pulled apart 9 different bands called “Circus” which have been muddled up by Rovi/TiVo and TIDAL and made an edit. As usual, things should right themselves within a week. I’ve also pinged Rovi to ask them to sort things out on their side.

1 Like

Do I have to do something for it to update? It’s still confused on my system?

With the current infrastructure, it can take up to a week for the edit to filter into your library.

Looks like there are two Artists combined for Some Girls. Both of the albums in my library are from the group composed of juliana hatfield, freida love and heidi gluck.

my favorite part of this mistake is the irony in the bio of the listed artist.

Albums in my library:

1 Like

@AgDev01 Hi Kevin, edit made for Some Girls.

Just as an FYI, normally I’d set the TIDAL artist ID to the artist with most TIDAL albums linked to that ID; in this case, there are two main albums from each artist, so I’ve linked the TIDAL artist ID to our metadata for the San Diego band, because the TIDAL bio is for that band.

As far as your library is concerned though, things should clean up within a week.

Thank you!!

1 Like

@support

Ok it seems that Gary Clark, Jr. is major messed up.

You can see that searching for Gary Clark return the following. 1 Gary Clark, Jr. Artist and 4 primary albums.

Artists show 2 Gary Clark, Jr. artists which can’t be merged.

Worst of all both the artists only show 2 albums, when there should be 3 along with an EP.

This should be Nils Lofgren lead guitarist of the E Street Band, I assume the trombone player has the same name?

It doesn’t look to me as if he’s actually holding that trombone. Is it in the background?

Possibly, still the wrong Nils Lofgren I believe?

Is that Nils Landgren the Swedish trombone player? The photo with the trombone is buried in Nils Lofgren photos on All Music Guide but I agree it doesn’t look like the guitar player.

1 Like

Thanks @stephen_condon. I’ve let Rovi/TiVo know.

@joel anything on my Gary Clark Jr. issues?

@DrTone Hi Jeff. It turned out that, going against the grain of this thread, we didn’t have equivalence between the artist IDs from our different metadata providers. I’ve made an edit which should merge them within a week. Anything else could be coming from your file tags.

Well spotted, I believe it is.

Hi @joel,

The Roon database entry for Sam Brown (singer) contains the Died date of Sam Brown (guitarist).

José Feliciano has a wrong picture. On the picture is Cheo Feliciano.

@Jan_Koudijs Hi Jan, edit made for Sam Brown.

@AE67 We made an edit some time ago to correct an equivalence issue with José and Cheo Feliciano. Unfortunately, at the moment, artist images downloaded prior to equivalence edits do not get updated. In this case, you will have to update the picture manually (edit the Performer); the correct image is below. Apologies for the inconvenience.

1 Like

thank you
I hope you can change that in a future release