Artist Equivalence Issues

Chris Thompson (Manfred Manns Earth Band vocalist) does not appear to be in this picture, unless I am mistaken:

Images and some links point to band Scanner. Others point to the solo artist Scanner who’s real name is Robin Rimbaud.

Here’s another equivalence issue. Morgan, a Spanish band with two albums (North, Air).

This band was mixed with other Morgans some months ago in Tidal, but I see they’re correctly separated now. However, Roon confuses the band with an Italian artist called Marco Castoldi. It shows the bio and other info from that Italian artist, rather than the Spanish band.

(BTW, I added that pic, no pic is shown by default)

The wrong Carl Perkins is linked here…

The link goes to the rock guitarist.

For the album “Lost Lake” a wrong “Endless” gets assigned - it should be that group:

The album

The assigned “Endless”

BTW: the wrong “Endless” as shown in the screenshot seems to be somehow wrong too - the URL points to the homepage of a Czech metal band which - as far as I know - is a few miles away from Rio. :wink:

Bronco - a 1970ish U.K. country rock band identified as a current Mexican norteno style band.

Incubus’s (American indie-rock band) description text looks like to be describing a different Incubus death metal band. Could you please correct the metadata?

Thanks,

Camerata Academica Salzburg is one of those ensembles with a lot of equivalents:

I have many variations in my library but none of them seem to have a bio or a pic. Is there a variation in roon has which has a bio and a pic? I would like to merge all my variations to that one.

Jimmy Campbell - looking on allmusic, there are several Jimmy Campbells. The one I’m interested in is a British folk-rock artist from the 60’s. He’s currently shown as bluegrass fiddler from Tennessee.

I have HOME the obscure chill wave artist being recognised as Home, the obscure English prog rock artist. Anyway I can fix this?

More than two months later by now and I still see that nothing changed. The Composer Stephen Scott is still mistakenly identified by Roon as the jazz pianist of the same name… Is this thread here serving any practical purpose (or is it just an alibi)?

1 Like

A good question.

more duplicat artist

seems to be 6 diffrent artist with name “jewel” that show up as same artist

please look in to this

jens

I have HOME the obscure chill wave artist being recognised as Home, the obscure English prog rock artist. I don’t even care if they wouldn’t have a page, its just annoying to see them as someone else.

more duplicat artist

seems to be 6 diffrent artist with name “jewel” that show up as same artist

please look in to this

jens

Whilst working my way down the heavy metal genre I landed at the Grindcore section and an outfit called Incantation. After clicking on the link to their Bio, I was delighted and surprised to see I had a couple of their songs in my collection. Unfortunately, the links led to Ennio Morricone soundtrack albums featuring the pan-pipe playing Incantation on a few tracks, which is a different outfit (unless they have gone Grindcore in the past decade!).

Ripped the album Highwayman 2 by The Highwaymen and loaded it into Roon.

Roon has the artist as The Highwaymen but the pic and bio are of a folk group from the 1950s and 60s of the same name.

The Formed and Disbanded dates are for the folk group, but the Members are listed as the country legends Cash, Nelson, Kristofferson, and Jennings.

It’s all a bit mixed up.

the track in roon database is associated to PFM (Premiata Forneria Marconi)

but this is the wrong PFM. It should be Progressive Future Music:

cannot solve this, as i have no other tracks by this PFM.

Guitarist Jeff Parker (of Tortoise) and mandolin player Jeff Parker are shown as the same person.

Kal David, Laura Bono. They show up twice, once for each of their albums. One seems to be yelling their names at me.

Cheers, Greg