iMac 27" late 2015, 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 24GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet connected to core.

Connected Audio Devices

WiFi to Raspberry pi 3B+ running ropieee. USB to DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

55000 tracks

Description of Issue

When clicking “play now” on an artists, It plays only one or two of the track with the artists, and then starts playing roon radio selections based on that track. I assumed that “play now” for an artist would queue up all the tracks for the artists. I opened another issue when this occured previously.

Screenshot of artist Pino Palladino only queueing two tracks when there are clearly many tracks for him in my library

Hey @Chris_Rudmin thank you for letting us know this has happened - I was able to read your previous post about a similar instance.

Does this only happen with Pino Palladino or are you experiencing this with other artists when you attempt to play their tracks?

Additionally, can you send us a screenshot of the tracks for Pino Palladino that are in your library?

Does this still happen if you turn Roon Radio off first and then click “Play Now” on the track you want to listen to?

To turn off Roon Radio, go to your queue and there will be an option to toggle Roon Radio off, just above the media bar.

Thank you! :pray:t3:

@ashley I’ve noticed this with other artists, but I cannot recall for which. Turning off Roon Radio did not change the behaviour.

Below is a screenshot of tracks with Pino Palladino

@Chris_Rudmin Thank you for that screenshot!

Please go to “My Tracks”, use the focus to select “Pino Palladino”, as you did in the screenshot and select “Play Now” from there - do they show up properly or does the same issue occur?

I was able to see a similar situation when I went to Pino Palladino’s page and added some tracks to my library. It was playing Roon Radio. When I selected “Play Now” from his page - the queue was not playing the tracks I saved to my library. However, if I went to the specific album that was saved in my library and selected “Play Now” from there, the tracks saved in my library populated in the queue as normal.

Could you also try this? Pick an album that has Pino Palladino featured and that has been saved to your library. Go to the album page and select “Play Now” - do the songs saved in your library populate in the queue?

We want to gather as much information as we can to better understand what may be happening. Thank you! :pray:t3:

@ashley If I click Play Now from the tracks view, all the tracks are queued. Clicking Play Now from the album queues all the tracks from the album as expected.

@Chris_Rudmin thanks for trying that! Happy to hear that was working for you.

I have escalated this issue to our QA team for review.

I’m glad that we were able to find a workaround in the meantime. Please continue to use the Tracks View to play queued-up titles from Pino in your library.

We will provide you with an update when we have more information about the situation.

Thanks so much for your patience! :pray:t3:

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.