Astell & Kern announces Roon support - Finally

It’s not Roon ready or an endpoint.
You can connect direct to Tidal, Qobuz or Amazon direct from wifi or play music from an internal SD card.

I sent this back. Didn’t live up to the promises nor the price.

My I ask what were the issues with Kann Alpha?

Dear A&K users, could you please update what’s your experience now after few months of using your DAPs with Roon?
I was looking into FIIO DAPs (M11 plus, M15 or possibly transportable M17) but then found out about Android 48kHz sampling limit…
I wonder if it is worth to consider A&K DAPs to enjoy using them as Roon endpoint or take other maker and connecting it to Raspbery PI endpoint.
Second option extends the DAPs choice greatly but at hefty price (for me) in portability, eg. listening music while often moving around house or garden. Yep, kids around - not too much occasions to sit for longer listening session during the day. :smiley:

Gave up on Roon for my SP1000M. Too many drop outs, even though my WiFi setups are otherwise excellent.

Poor battery life when using Roon. Roon Ready would just stop working. It has poor WiFi implementation only 2.4ghz channels that would loose connection when streaming and not far from a WiFi point, forget using it for Roon in a garden. I have a very good WiFi setup that’s optimized and have no problems with other devices at all. It wasn’t worth the money even for better sq, which was good but not 4x the price I paid for my little Hiby that works with Roon and on WiFi fine even though it does resample it sounds great.

Has anyone been successful in their SR25 MK II model DAP with roon?

There isn’t any support for Roon for the SR25(II) and I suppose, that it will never come around.

Kann Max firmware update adds Roon Ready
[Improvements]

• Roon Ready Support
  • Improvements Bluetooth.
  • System stability improvements.

KANN MAX v1.10

Can someone explain to me how to run roon on kann max?
Thanks.

May bee this can be helpful

1 Like

Now I understand that the player is just an endpoint.

1 Like

Yeah, it worked very well originally, but now I get so many dropouts that I don’t use it anymore. Bummer…

I also own a Chord Hugo 2+2go that had dropouts for quite a while, but has worked perfectly in the last several months. I don’t know if that was from Roon changes or Chord firmware changes, but it shows that reliable WiFi Roon streaming at 2.4GHz is possible.

Hi tried unsure if it is able to be installed ? However I’m sure others have asked . If there’s a demand for Roon on ‘lower level’ AK Sr 25 Mk 2 unless there’s a hardware problem why the delay is it Roon or AK ? Seems such a shame and missed opportunity for AK with increased competition from Fiio now Roon ready.

They likely dont have the resources on the device to add it and they have never said they would.