ASUS RT-AX88U Port Forwarding Not Automatically Configuring, Timeouts

Tried these steps on my ASUS RT-AX88U
Still no joy…based in the UK

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“137.220.74.204”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.50.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“doaction request return statuscode: UnknownError”}
}

A post was merged into an existing topic: ARC not ready- made sure the UpNP is enabled

Same here…

I have the same issue, massively excited to see mobile availability but of course I’m having teething difficulty…

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“151.210.175.35”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.50.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“doaction request return statuscode: UnknownError”}
}

I have an Asus RT-AX88U outer running Mesh with an Asus TUF-AX3000

Roon core on NUC10 Hard wired to the router

Tried manual port forwarding, UPnP is enabled, normally can muddle my way through these things…

Problem solved now that I asked my ISP for a static IP. Boom!

3 Likes

Thanks, spent half an hour on phone to Internet provider and had a static IP address assigned - ARC recognised the Core immediately!

4 Likes

I have managed to get this to work on ASUS by carrying out two of the following steps:

1. Assigning a static IP myself (didn’t need to contact ISP)

1. Port Forwarding as follows

Add images

NB: I have a Virgin Superb 4 in Modem Mode running Asus Zen Wifi.

2 Likes

Hi @Jonny_Birrell,

Thanks for your contributions! We hope the app has been working successfully so far after setup.

Do you mind if I break your guide off into our growing list of Router and ISP solutions here?

Thanks!

Working really well. Spotty on 3G but otherwise great - buffering even kept music playing underground in London for a short journey which was impressive.

It’s the app I have been longing for and I am delighted it is here and is so far solid.

Please share - I was put off by messing with router settings but setting a static IP and port forwarding but it was easy on the Asus and happy to help others.

Would appreciate some guidance on that setup. I paid for a static ip but would rather explore the alternative than keep paying.

His static IP is not a WAN one supplied by the ISP he has just assigned a DHCP reservation to the roon core.

Two different things (one is inside and the other is outside)

1 Like

Hey @Nick_Yanakiev I too originally paid my ISP here in Australia for a Static IP but the issue was caused because the ISP uses CG-NAT, with Aussie Broadband you are able to opt out of CG-NAT, then you do not have to pay for a static IP.

It may be worth asking if your ISP does this?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.