Audio card not seen after update

Witt 416 my Windows client no longer sees my audio card, rendering Roon useless now. :frowning:

Hi @madfloyd,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Have you tried rebooting your Core machine since the update?

I’ve tried rebooting both the core and the client machines.

My client is a Windows machine (Win 10x64) with a pro audio card (RME Fireface 400). In the early days of Roon, there was a time where the client didn’t find any audio devices - basically the same thing that is happening now as of build 416. One update solved the problem and every build afterwards (but prior to 416) worked fine.

All other audio programs recognize my audio device.

The Roon core is on a dedicated Win 10x64 machine as well on the same network and both machines are on the same switch (which is connected to an ORBI router).

Let me know if I can add any additional information.

Firewall???

Hi @madfloyd,

Can you try disabling the firewall on this machine temporarily and let us know if it will then appear in Roon?

Hi, sorry for the delay in responding. Turning off Windows Defender Firewall worked (the Roon client now sees my audio device).

Is this normal?

Hi @madfloyd,

Since this worked, please make sure that there are exceptions in place for Roon and RAATServer. This should allow the device to be seen even with the firewall enabled.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.