Audio devices not appearing

Hello,

I have Roon on a MAcBook pro, and the audio devices (2 local and one Airplay) appear there, but not on the iOS remote (either via iPad or iPhone). Could anyone suggest some troubleshooting steps?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matthew,

Your iPhone and iPad can’t be used as audio endpoints (zones) currently, so you can’t play music to them. They won’t show up in your audio settings.

You can search the forum for more information.

Cheers, Greg

Thanks Greg. I am aware that the iOS remote can’t play back audio, but the iOS app isn’t showing any of the zones which are set upon the Roon Server. This previously worked but doesn’t seem to any more…

Regards,
Matt

Sorry Matt, I misunderstood the issue.

So, on the iPad, you’re not able to select any zone? Have you tried restarting your Roon Server app and the computer? Has anything changed in your set up lately?

Could you post a screenshot of your Settings > Audio tab from the iPad?

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Hi @Matthew_Dixon ----- Just checking in here to see how things were going. Have you had a chance to try and restart RoonServer to see if it triggers a change in behavior with the iPad remote?

As @Greg has mentioned in his post, having screenshots of your “audio” tab from the iPad as well as having some further details of your setup`would be very helpful in evaluating what may be going on here.

-Eric

Hi gents, sorry for the delayed reply… have been away from home. I had restarted previously but what fixed this was reinstalling with the latest version. In particular this triggered recreation of a firewall rule relating to RAATServer, I think. Many thanks for your help. Roon is great…

1 Like

Hi @Matthew_Dixon ---- Thank you for the follow up, glad to hear things are stable after the reinstallation. Happy listening!

-Eric