Audio file loading slowly since Roon RAAT support

I saw that as well but unfortunately, the router I have (supplied by AT&T UVerse) doesn’t have such a setting. I’m hoping Roon will come back with some recommendations.

Also, I can get the music playing again by just stopping and restarting the track (no need to switch to another zone). There are times where it may play several hi-res tracks just fine, but eventually the audio will drop out and/or I’ll get the “Audio file loading slowly…” error again. Mostly happens with 192k 24bit files, but occasionally with lower-res 24bit music. Haven’t seen it occur with 16bit music.

IGMP snooping is there for commercial networks really, it turns off broadcasts so that devices that aren’t explicitly in a session never see them. As roon relies on this broadcasting devices are cut off from Comms with the server.

I also got these errors, but with Tidal. RAAT is the the only input that generates these errors…

I am getting the same error when using any high res file. including simple FLAC files, so not just restricted to 24/96 or other large formats.(I tried multiple file formats)

I am connected using ethernet cable to link all 3 elements:

1. Running Roon Server on an HP Envy All-in-one PC (i7 processor, 16GB RAM)
  2. Media files stored on a QNAP TS-451+ (with 8GB RAM)
  3. Devialet 220PRO connected to same switch as QNAP

the same files work flawlessly when using Devialet Air.

I have tried rebooting the Devialet and the PC. no luck.

Welcome to the club!

Well, damn… tonight I’m getting the dropouts and ‘loading slowly…’ error even on normal res lossless files. Not every track but a few. WTF? Looks like it’s back to AIR for me until we can get some feedback and resolution from Roon.

I’m also getting these. I run Roon with Tidal integrated streaming to the RAAT zone over wifi (2.4ghz). I have a 200mbps fibre line at home, so it cannot be due to a slow internet.
When using the Roon radio function some tracks show the “slow loading” message, as soon as it stumbles Roon then skips to the next track which will then play without a glitch.

Hi everyone,

Our team is hard at work investigating these reports. We will be sure to keep you updated here as soon as we have more information. We appreciate your patience and feedback as we are looking into this.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

I met with the technical team regarding the status of their investigation. The team is hoping to gather some information from those experiencing these issues. Please fill out this form so the team can review.

We appreciate your continued patience and cooperation while we continue to investigate this behavior.

A post was split to a new topic: TIDAL Loading Slowly - Devialet Expert 220 & Mytek Brooklyn

No news here ?

I bought another switch (cisco katalyst 2960) and used only 100mbit - still same problem: slow/bad network connection with tidal - slow loading.

1 Like

Hello All,

Please see this thread for an update:

– Noris