Audio not playing but just in internal speakers

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Audio not playing but just in internal speakers.

You really need to put in some more detail if you want some help.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Mac Book Pro 2013 with Catalina 10.15.5 2.4 GHz Intel Core
8GB Ram 250 GB SSD Internal drive External 4TB WD HD with only Music 1,130 Albums
Thunderbolt To cat-6 Ethernet to New Netgear router, Cat7 ethernet to Micro Rendu, Cables used Oyaide neo d+ Class A USB 2.0, Stellar Gain Cell DAC-Micro Rendu with latest Upgrade to make it close to Ultra Rendu LPS-1 Power Supply-Grounded Cable, XLR cables to PS Audio M700 Mono Blocks 350 into 8Ω Paradigm Studio 100v.3 series speakers BiWired Spiked
Audio Software Roon latest version Demo

Hi @Janes_Bechdel,

Just to confirm, you’re able to play to the speakers of your MacBook Pro but you’re not able to play to the MicroRendu?

Are you able to see the MicroRendu at all in Roon?

Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Audio?

Hello @Janes_Bechdel, and welcome to the community! Just checking in to see if you had time to check out Dylan’s question above, thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I can’t see the microrendu or my DAC. Please help.

Roon not see my DAC. My setup:
Mac Book Pro 2013 with Catalina 10.15.5 2.4 GHz Intel Core
8GB Ram 250 GB SSD Internal drive External 4TB WD HD with only Music 1,130 Albums
Thunderbolt To cat-6 Ethernet to New Netgear router, Cat7 ethernet to Micro Rendu, Cables used Oyaide neo d+ Class A USB 2.0, Stellar Gain Cell DAC-Micro Rendu with latest Upgrade to make it close to Ultra Rendu LPS-1 Power Supply-Grounded Cable, XLR cables to PS Audio M700 Mono Blocks 350 into 8Ω Paradigm Studio 100v.3 series speakers BiWired Spiked
Audio Software Roon latest version Demo

Hello @Janes_Bechdel, and thanks for the information. Have you tried temporarily disabling your firewall and antivirus? Does this change if you turn the DAC off and back on? Let me know, thanks!

I don’t have any firewall or antivirus set up. I unplugged every thing many times and the usb between microrendu and DAC I swapped out. I even changed the fuse in DAC. I’m running the 60 day demo of Roon and was very pleased with it and was ready to purchase it. It’s almost like the 14 day trial stopped but I have the 60 day trial. Thanks for helping me. Roon now sees DAC and MicroRendu but still no audio.

Roon now sees DAC and MicroRendu but still no audio.

Hello @Janes_Bechdel, I spoke to our team about this and we wanted to verify that when you’re testing this, the DAC is powered on as is the MicroRendu. The MicroRendu will only show up if the connected DAC is powered on.

Another good way to test this is if you could attach the DAC directly to your core and see its showing up. Please let me know!

Latest idea is that it’s a blow usb chip in DAC. Sending it it to PS Audio.

Hello @Janes_Bechdel, thanks for the update! Keep me posted.

Looks like its a blown usb chip. PS Audio is going to replace a board with the chip on it.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.