Audio zones disappeared

I have done a test.
I have a nucleus as core, Mac as non private zone, an iPad as private zone and an iPhone as private zone.

When I look at the Mac the iPad zone appears automatically as a zone when I bring Roon to the foreground on the iPad and when I switch to another app on the iPad then the iPad zone disappears again on the Mac. Same behaviour with the iPhone.

I have iOS 15.1 on the iPad.
No music was playing on the iPad itself.

So I guess to be able to see the iOS devices as a zone on the nucleus, roon needs to be active running on the iOS device doing something. Otherwise it disappears from the nucleus zone overview.

There seems to be such a problem due to the “Cyber Security” feature of the router. Google for C4000XG IGMP

Among others.

https://www.reddit.com/r/centurylink/comments/p9injr/c4000xg_mdnsairprint_problem_confirmed_firmware/

https://www.reddit.com/r/centurylink/comments/p4a7a0/airprint_stopped_working_for_ethernet_printer/

etc.

The advanced settings description of the modem is here:

Is the blue cable coming from the fiber-optic box?
The fiber-optic box needs to be connected to the bottom one of the 5 ports.

Well, yes… This is the case for all devices on which Roon is installed.

1 Like

Thanks for the discussion folks. I think the iPad, private zone rabbit hole is not necessary to visit anymore. It’s pretty clear that the problem is the router. I’ll see what the isp can do for me.

1 Like

Thank you all for your help. Clearly there is a problem with CenturyLink and their router. I’ve fired them, reverted back to xfinity and all is well. Thanks again.

2 Likes

Hey @Peter_Armstrong, thanks so much for working with everyone on this! It’s great that, although by trial and error, you were able to come to a reason as to why this was happening.

Please let us know if the issue returns with your current setup or if anything else should happen to pop up! Happy listening! :musical_note:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.