Networking Gear & Setup Details

Apple Airport Time Capsule
3 LinkSys Gigabit ethernet 8 port switches

Connected Audio Devices

BlueSound PowerNode 2I: Wi Fi to/from the Time Capsule
Focal Arche headphone amp: USB from the M1 Mac Mini
Audio Engine A2+ powered desktop speakers: USB from the M1 Mac Mini
Apple TV: Wired ethernet to one of the LinkSys switches
AURALiC Aries Mini: Wired ethernet to one of the LinkSys switches; USB to PS Audio Gain Cell DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

< 10,000 tracks
Qobuz subscription

Description of Issue

All listed devices are detected by Roon EXCEPT the Aries Mini.

Using the Bluesound BluOS control app on a 7th Gen iPod Touch the PowerNode 2i will play audio from Qobuz, SiriusXM, and the library on the internal SSD in the Aries Mini.

Using the AURALiC Lightning DS control app on an 11" iPad Pro the Aries Mini will play audio from Qobuz and the library on its internal SSD.

Suggestions or assistance appreciated.

Hey @Norman_Thornton sorry to hear that the Aries isn’t showing in Roon!

I wanted to ask, can you confirm that the Aries device is updated to firmware 8.1? If not, can you please update the firmware and try connecting it once again?

If that doesn’t help, can you try connecting the device directly to the router and make sure to bypass the switch? Does the device show when you try this?

Thanks!

Isn’t there a setting you need to turn on for this? I remember when I got one ages ago I had to toggle something on in the settings for roon to see it.

1 Like

Hi Ashley. Thank you for the information/suggestions. I verified that my Aries Mini is at Firmware version 8.1.

David_Crosbie suggested there may be a setting on the Aries Mini that needed to be toggled ON. Turns out that is correct.I checked the Roon check box and Roon sees the Aries Mini. I am listening to it as I type.

Thanks again for your assistance.
Norman Thornton

Hi David.
You are exactly correct. I checked the Roon check box in Settings and Roon now sees the Aries Mini. I am listening to it as I type.

Thanks for your help.
Norman Thornton

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.