Auto Standby goes rogue (repost)

This is a repeat of a previous request that was closed when I prematurely posted that the behavior stopped. It has not. The mod has not responded to my request to reopen that thread. The problem comes and goes unpredictably. Probably wouldn’t be unpredictable if I knew exactly what what happening.

I just wish there was an option to turn off the autostandby/autowake functions completely.

Roon Core Machine

NUC i7 (10th gen) with ROCK

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router is Netgear R8500, wireless to Auralic ARIES Mini, ethernet to Auralic VEGA G2, and wireless to the control tablet. NAS (with library) connected to router with ethernet cable.

Connected Audio Devices

Auralic ARIES Mini via wifi, Auralic VEGA G2 by ethernet cable

Number of Tracks in Library

Library is on the main NAS volume. Qobuz and Tidal are active. 76K tracks.

Description of Issue

This issue appeared with the auto standby function was introduced a year or so ago. I struggled with it for a time and it mysteriously stopped acting up and got out of the way. I did not receive any Roon support*. Auralic say they just implement code provided by Roon and won’t help. I don’t know if it stopped due to something I did and I don’t know why the behavior started again recently.

*Previous, unanswered, requests:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-auralic-standby-interaction/187371

I don’t want this function at all and wish there were a setting to turn it off completely. The most obvious symptom is waking up the VEGA when I play on the Mini. They are the two devices in a grouped zone.

I turn off the VEGA, music stops then, when started again, the VEGA wakes up. I set the auto standby to “never” or to “30 sec” - makes no difference. I put the VEGA in standby with the unit’s knob or turn it off with the power icon in Roon’s volume controls - behaves the same either way.

I assume this only happens when devices are grouped. That is how I run these two. Sometimes play one, sometimes the other, sometimes both. But want them in the same zone so they are in sync when both played.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Problem with AURALiC VEGA G2 new Autostandby function

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.