Automatically on repeat

Greetings,

I’ve noticed since a few updates ago that Roon automatically activates ‘repeat’ on albums. I’ve to turn it off manually.

Please look into it.

1 Like

That’s interesting, because it’s not happening on my system. How are you able to turn it off (I ask because I may want to turn it on at times).

1 Like

To be clear, are you referring to the “loop” toggle in the queue?

1 Like

It doesn’t.

It does - sometimes… I’ve never been able to spot a pattern though.

It’s set per remote and per zone so if one is…

I’ve always assumed it was set per queue but, as it’s not something I ever deliberately engage, I’ve never rigorously investigated. I don’t have many remote/endpoint combinations to try though, so maybe when I’m at a loose end… :wink:

I’m having the same issue a while now and it is driving me insane.

Beautiful albums that suddenly become annoying because they get repeated, I would love to see this bug fixed. Or better: add playback options in the configuration menu for Repeat, my guess is I am not alone in setting that one on “never”.

1 Like

I can’t eliminate the possibility of finger problems on a small screen… but for me at least it’s infrequent, and I can never recall exactly what I was doing in the time before I notice that an album is repeating.

I can, as I am the only user in our household (on iPad, no finger slips here). I find the album I want, press play and realize it’s on repeat afterwards. I then go into the queue and press it off repeat.

It sometimes doesn’t happen. One thing I can think of: perhaps it is standard behavior (as designed, but I think by accident) after a server restart. I manually restart the server every day or so. I will keep an eye on this if it’s the case.

1 Like

Yes. It automatically either is toggled on once or continuously.

On my setup nothing is done beforehand, this repeat-issue just pops up randomly. I just play an album and then realise it’s on repeat. I often have it occure more so on my iPhone 15 (iOS 17.4.1) than my iPad or Mac. It seems an algorithm issue on Roon or something.

Never ever has this happend in 7 years. Something unique to how your setup.

1 Like

How long afterwards?

After my slow brain realizes it’s hearing duplicates. But usually the first album I play will start over after the last song. I will investigate tomorrow if my thought about the behavior occurring after server reboot is correct.

So, maybe an hour later…

Similar here; which gives me an hour of poking around in Roon where I might have accidentally tapped, swiped, thumbed, etc. Accidental interactions do occur - the one I notice is inadvertently swiping across the progress bar, because it has an immediately audible effect!

Let us know what you find!

1 Like

Same issue here. I am certain it is nothing I am doing inadvertently.

No. My setup is not the problem.

Rebooted a couple of times this week. And nothing! Was the problem solved perhaps??? No… again today. No idea what causes this pain.

Perhaps a post in the support category will be picked up on this

Same here. Problem remains. Recent update didn’t fix the issue.

I have posted in Support here:

I am not at home presently so haven’t checked out the latest suggestion to see if toggles are on in any of the apps besides Roon I use on all my devices (Naim, Tidal, Qobuz), but it is at least something worth checking out.

1 Like