B1273 iPhone gets hot using ARC

I’m out of town using Roon ARC notice the iPhone gets very hot and battery’s drainage is very quick compared to using Apple Music in fact it’s such a concern I’ll keep with Apple Music with this trip. I’m using an Apple 13 iphone

I’m running ARC on an iPhone Xs, and I see no difference between ARC and the Qobuz app.

I have ARC set to automatically pick best quality, which means balanced for cellular (~320 kbps lossy codec), and bit-perfect on Wi-Fi. What settings are you using?

I’m set the same way. I’m not giving up on ARC I think it’s fantastic but right now something is causing my iPhone to really heat up

1 Like

I’m having similar download and playing heat/battery drain issues on an iPhone 11. Here’s a link to a recent discussion on this same topic and Roon indicates that they are starting a project to improve Arc.

I am still having the same issue with a iPhone 13: the device is running hot and the battery is draining very fast. This happens even when playing downloaded music. and with no other app being used.
If the Roon Arc improvement project is over, they missed that target…

1 Like

I’m not using downloads but ARC on latest main release is making my iPhone incredibly hot. Seems to be worse when cellular is spotty reception as at work it was fine as on WiFi as soon as I travelled home and switched to cellular phone got very hot. Will keep an eye on it to see if it’s a one off.

Same here as above

Warm with good reception and set to auto quality in balanced

Less warm with good reception and set to original format (mainly 16/44.1) :man_shrugging:

My main use is in my van and I have one of the dashboard vents gently blowing on the phones back.

iPhone 13, iOS 17.3

Oops, just noticed this was EA :man_facepalming:

There is an open support topic with Connor: